Available beginning Aug. 22 at www.sprint.com and by calling 1-800-SPRINT1
Sprint will be the only carrier to offer Motorola’s stunning next generation of the popular RAZR(TM) with NFL Mobile, more than 50 channels of television viewing and over-the-air song downloads at blazing network speeds
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 10, 2007--Bringing the "third screen" of mobile video to two screens instead of just one, Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced plans to launch the latest Motorola handset, RAZR2 V9m with key features that make it stand out from the crowd. Sprint’s RAZR2 V9m provides the ability to watch video on the external screen with the flip closed - a first for the U.S. wireless market.
Harnessing the speed of Sprint’s Power Vision(SM) EVDO network, the RAZR2 will deliver exclusive access to multimedia content(1) including:
- NFL Mobile, a Sprint-exclusive wireless application that brings fans access to same-day audio and video highlights, a live stream of NFL Network’s broadcast, real-time statistics and scores, customizable team and player alerts, injury reports and other information updated every two seconds.
- Sprint Music Store(SM), powered by Groove Mobile, which allows users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone from a selection of more than 1.6 million songs.
- Sprint TV(SM) with more than 50 channels of live television and on-demand video and audio including a comprehensive portfolio of ABC news and entertainment video programming from ABC Entertainment, ABC News and Disney Channel such as on-demand, full-length episodes of ABC programs, including the hit shows "Desperate Housewives," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Lost" and "Ugly Betty."
- Sprint Power View, the industry’s first made-for-mobile sports and entertainment video programming network.
- Sprint Navigation, powered by TeleNav, providing full-feature GPS navigation including voice and on screen turn-by-turn driving directions with real-time traffic alerts and more than 10 million business listings.
(Standard data charges apply to all downloads from Sprint.)
"We are excited to pair our advanced multimedia capabilities and network speeds with this beautifully designed wireless phone," said John Garcia, senior vice president of product management and development for Sprint. "Customers will find Sprint’s version of RAZR2 to offer exclusive video content that is both enjoyable and relevant. They will also appreciate that this device is the first clamshell in the industry to provide the option of watching video on both the internal or external display."
The design of RAZR2 has a sleeker, more sophisticated look and feel than its predecessor. At the core of RAZR2 is a stainless steel internal frame to help provide strength and durability. The large exterior lens is made with chemically hardened glass to be more scratch resistant.
Both the internal and external screens on the RAZR2 are significantly larger than the original RAZR- external is 2.0" and internal is 2.2" - with twice the resolution. The external display incorporates Motorola’s breakthrough haptics technology, which provides users with vibrating feedback in response to their finger taps. This allows the user to effortlessly control their music, video and camera without opening the flip.
Additional features available on RAZR2 V9m by MOTOROLA include a 2.0 megapixel camera with digital flash and zoom and advanced stereo Bluetooth(R) wireless technology.(2) The device will also offer OnDemand(SM) with customizable up-to-date sports, weather and news information, Sprint PCS(R) Picture Mail for sharing and printing digital pictures and Wireless Backup to quickly restore contact information if the device is ever lost or stolen.
The RAZR2 V9m by MOTOROLA will be available at www.sprint.com and by calling 1-800-SPRINT1 on Aug. 22. It will be in all Sprint retail outlets by Sept. 4. The device will cost $249 with a 2 year (without any required rebate).
Customers purchasing RAZR2 V9m by MOTOROLA as a replacement for an existing mobile phone are encouraged to recycle their current phone, battery and accessories through Sprint Project Connect. One hundred percent of the net proceeds from Sprint Project Connect are used to help keep kids safer online through Sprint’s 4NetSafety program with partners that include the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and the NEA Health Information Network. More information, including a free postage-paid mailing label, can be found at www.sprint.com/projectconnect.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving 53.6 million customers at the end of the first quarter 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
(1) Network dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply.
(2) This device supports Bluetooth BIP-ImagePush, BPP-SenderDev, DUN-GW, FT-Server, GAP, GAVDP, Headset-AG, HFP (1.5) AG, OPP-Client, OPP-Server profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.hellomoto.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.
Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers.
Michelle Leff Mermelstein, 703-592-7504