People are relying on wireless data more and more to share photos, stream videos or download large files while on the go. This trend is only going to grow.
We are pleased to offer an update today that the all-new Sprint 4G LTE network now is available in 22 new cities, including Miami, New Orleans, Raleigh, N.C., and Tampa, Fla. They join Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles and are among a total of 110 markets nationwide.
"Today’s announcement means that more Americans will experience the speed and power of Sprint 4G LTE,” said Bob Azzi, senior vice president-Network, Sprint. "Sprint is committed to delivering the latest technology through a nationwide LTE buildout, and providing new cell sites that are more compact and energy efficient.“
As Sprint turns on new cell equipment across the country, customers are seeing better coverage, improved network reliability and voice quality on 3G and discovering LTE signals in cities that haven’t officially been announced, including Washington, D.C., New York and San Francisco.
- Sprint is serving 110 markets nationwide with 4G LTE.
- Sprint expects to provide 200 million people with LTE by the end of 2013.
- Mobile data is expected to comprise 99 percent of the global mobile traffic by 2014, according to management consulting firm Chetan Sharma Consulting.
- Sprint’s all-new 4G LTE allows wireless users to accomplish more things with less time such as sharing photos, streaming videos or downloading large files, all in minutes
Today, Sprint is launching 4G LTE in:
- Baton Rouge, La.
- Centralia, Wash.
- Clarksville, Tenn.
- Corsicana, Texas
- Dalton, Ga.
- Dunn, N.C.
- Fond du Lac, Wis.
- Gainesville, Fla.
- Henderson, N.C.
- Kingsport, Tenn.
- Lansing/East Lansing, Mich.
- Longview, Wash.
- Napa, Calif.
- New Orleans
- Palatka, Fla.
- Raleigh, N.C.
- Sebring, Fla.
- St. Cloud, Minn.
- St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, Mich.
- Tampa, Fla.
- Warsaw, Ind.
Sprint also announced more places that will be getting LTE in the coming months, including:
- Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Aberdeen, Wash.
- Allegan, Mich.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Battle Creek, Mich.
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Eagle Pass, Texas
- Flint, Mich.
- Laredo, Texas
- Marshfield/Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Mount Pleasant, Mich.
- Oak Harbor, Wash.
- Watertown/Fort Atkinson, Wis.
Press release: Stay Connected This Summer: Sprint 4G LTE Expands into 22 New Cities
4G LTE Launched Markets as of June 17, 2013
Network Vision Information Center