OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), August 19, 2011 - Sprint (NYSE:S) CEO Dan Hesse will deliver the keynote address on Thursday, Nov. 3, during its 11th annual Open Solutions Conference.
The conference, Nov. 2-4 in Santa Clara, Calif., gives developers, enterprises and entrepreneurs information on creating innovative applications and solutions on the Sprint network. Registration is now open at http://developer.sprint.com/devcon2011.
Throughout the three-day conference, developers will learn about Sprint’s open enablement strategy, creating applications for 4G and 3D, enterprise machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions, go-to-market strategies, approaches to make developers more profitable, and current Sprint tools and capabilities across devices, networks and platforms.
A preliminary agenda for the Open Solutions Conference is now posted on the Sprint Developer website. Key sessions include:
- Near Field Communication (NFC) Overview – Sprint is the first carrier and Nexus S 4G is the first Sprint phone to use NFC technology for mobile commerce with Google Wallet. Learn how this exciting new technology can enable new applications and services for mobile commerce, including payments, couponing and loyalty programs.
- M2M – See live demonstrations of M2M applications used in everyday life. Experience how M2M works in the insurance, security, asset tracking, digital signage and healthcare industries. Panel sessions with Sprint executives and industry experts will center on M2M development, Connected Transportation, M2M in retail, and overall industry trends.
- Mobile Commerce – Learn the latest innovations from Sprint in mobile commerce, including NFC, other mobile payment solutions, carrier billing and mobile advertising. Using mobile commerce capabilities, developers can reach a wider segment with their application or solution, reduce transaction costs, and streamline business processes.
- Privacy Management – Gaining consumer interest and trust for mobile and online applications includes considering consumer privacy during the product development lifecycle. Learn about hot button privacy issues and get an update on legislative and regulatory activity and emerging industry best practices.
- Sprint ID for Business – Find out about exciting new opportunities for developers and businesses with Sprint ID. Sprint ID users receive a feature-packed bundle of digital content (apps, widgets, ringers, wallpapers and more) in a single download to build a total experience for their phone.
Additional events at the Open Solutions Conference include hands-on coding sessions, breakout sessions, event sponsor exhibits, town hall meetings, keynote presentations from industry leaders, and networking opportunities for developers. The conference will include 4G and M2M demonstration areas.
The registration cost is $175 for developers who register by Aug. 31. The cost increases to $350 beginning Sept. 1. Developers can register and find additional information about the Open Solutions Conference at http://developer.sprint.com/devcon2011.
2011 Sprint Open Solutions Conference Sponsors
|Research in Motion|
About Sprint Developer Program
Sprint offers customers access to thousands of apps and data services and a variety of award-winning smartphones that use Android, RIM, Palm webOS or Microsoft Windows® platforms. Established in 2001, the Sprint Developer Program provides tools and resources for developers to have access to capabilities unique to the Sprint’s networks enabling them to create innovative applications. Sprint views the developer community as a forum for creativity, and offers developers’ access to more APIs than any other carrier to make their apps richer.
Visit http://developer.sprint.com to learn more about the Sprint Developer Program and to take advantage of the resources and tools available to developers.
The Emerging Solutions Group (ESG), a division of Sprint Business, is an industry leader in M2M and embedded solutions. ESG delivers a full complement of assets critical to successful M2M and embedded solutions deployments. These include network agnostic capabilities (including 3G, 4G, CDMA, iDEN and a reliable Tier 1 IP network; specialized industry solutions engineering teams; an open approach to devices and applications through the company’s Open Device Initiative; an expansive M2M ecosystem; and the ability to provide customized solutions that can include distribution, branding, billing and customer care services. To learn more, visit www.sprint.com/m2m.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 52 million customers at the end of 2Q 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.