February 26, 2014
Going on Spring Break? Check out These Apps First
I’ll admit it – when I was in college, there was no such thing as an app or a smartphone. In fact I was excited to get my first mobile phone while in college – a blue Nokia candy bar with the coolest feature being the snake game. Remember that game? Today college students headed on spring break have a plethora of apps to help them maximize their vacation, whether staying close to campus or headed to somewhere sunny and warm.
- Scout GPS Navigation & Traffic: While exploring that new city during Spring Break, easily find your way around town, as well as locate restaurants, ATM machines, gas stations and other points of interest. Free Android™ and iOS
- NextRadio: Whether hitting the beach or the slopes, music can always help make an experience even more fun. Listen to your favorite FM radio stations on the go with NextRadio. Buy your favorite music, give feedback on the songs you like and share what you're listening to with friends. Available on a variety of Sprint and Boost Mobile Android-powered smartphones. Free Android.
- Find My Friends: Rather than call or text to find out where your friends are,
simply look at a map to see their location or set up location-based alerts that can notify you automatically when a friend arrives at certain location. Free iOS. Similar app free in Google Play.
- Kindle: While on the flight or a passenger during a road trip to your destination, enjoy reading for pleasure rather than those dry textbooks. Free Android and iOS
- Flipagram: During your trip or once you’re back at campus, easily share all those fun spring break memories in either a 15 or 30 second video with photos that “flip,” set to your favorite music. Free Android and iOS
Amy Johnsonbaugh is a communications manager for the Apps and Services team at Sprint. Based in Orange County, Calif., she can answer questions related to Sprint-branded or third-party consumer applications, music/entertainment applications, accessibility applications, Sprint ID and family service applications. Amy can be reached at email@example.com.