February 10, 2015
HTC One (M7) and Samsung Galaxy S 5 from Sprint get a little sweeter with Android Lollipop update
By Mark Elliott
Great news for lovers of HTC One® (M7) and Samsung Galaxy S® 5. These two devices are getting the Android™ 5.0, Lollipop, update now. Over the air updates are in the process of getting pushed out to our customers for both devices.
Here are a few of the benefits of accepting this download when it appears as an option on your device:
- Material Design for fluid animation and multicolored themes
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Enhanced multitasking, allowing the ability to have multiple windows open
at the same time, in the same app and more than one document or website open next to each other
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized
notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- View and respond to messages from the lock screen
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
Mark Elliott is a communications manager for the Wireless Devices team at Sprint. Based in Boston, he is well versed in the company’s business devices, tablets, push-to-talk products and Wi-Fi Calling. Mark can be reached at email@example.com.