February 12, 2015
HTC One (M8) gets Android Lollipop
By Mark Elliott
The Android™ 5.0, Lollipop, update is being pushed to Sprint HTC One® (M8) customers now. The over the air update makes it the second HTC smartphone from Sprint to get the latest version of Android.
You can also manually download the Lollipop update for HTC One (M8). From the Home screen>All Apps>Settings>System updates>HTC software update>Check now; then follow the prompts. The update is being pushed to our HTC One (M8) customers automatically now.
Update benefits include:
- Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Enhanced multitasking, allowing the ability to have multiple cards open at the same time, in the same app and more than one document or website open next to each other
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- View and respond to messages from the lock screen
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
Mark Elliott is a communications manager for the Wireless Devices team at Sprint. Based in Boston, he is well versed in the company’s business devices, tablets, push-to-talk products and Wi-Fi Calling. Mark can be reached at email@example.com.