February 16, 2015
LG G3 from Sprint gets Android Lollipop update
By Mark Elliott
LG G3 joins the growing list of Sprint smartphones to get the Android™ 5.0, Lollipop, update. The over the air update is being pushed to our LG G3 customers now.
Update benefits include:
- Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
- Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
- Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts™ support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
- Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ apps automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files
Mark Elliott is a communications manager for the Wireless Devices team at Sprint. Based in Boston, he is well versed in the company’s business devices, tablets, push-to-talk products and Wi-Fi Calling. Mark can be reached at email@example.com.