November 29, 2013
Make Your Smartphone Your Mobile Wallet
By Amy Johnsonbaugh
I can’t remember the last time I set foot in a bank. Now it’s more convenient than ever to handle finances using my computer and smartphone. I never imagined several years ago that I’d be able to take a picture of a check and easily deposit it into my checking account.
According to Pew Internet Research Aug. 2013, 51 percent of U.S. adults, or 61 percent of Internet users, bank online. Thirty-two percent of U.S. adults, or 35 percent of cell phone owners, bank using their mobile phones.
Sprint has teamed up with Wipit to offer mobile commerce options for both our prepaid and postpaid customers with Boost Mobile Wallet and Sprint Money Express.
About Boost Mobile Wallet powered by Wipit
Boost Mobile Wallet, an industry-first mobile solution, is a full-service virtual wallet account that enables consumers to:
- Load cash to the wallet account at participating Boost Mobile authorized dealers
- Send money to more than 135 countries
- Pay more than 3,500 billers nationwide
- Top-up domestic and international prepaid wireless accounts
- Transfer funds almost instantly between accounts
- Load checks directly from the mobile phone with instant access to approved funds1
Customers are also provided a reloadable, Boost Mobile branded Visa prepaid card that is personalized and linked to their Mobile Wallet account for ATM access and the ability to spend anywhere Visa debit is accepted nationwide.
The Boost Mobile Wallet app is a free download from Google Play™. For more information, visit https://boostmobile.wipit.me/.
About Sprint Money Express™
Sprint Money Express™ allows Sprint Android-powered smartphones to serve as a cash-based vehicle for accessing cost-effective financial services. The Sprint Money Express app is an easy way for customers to send money, load checks and pay bills.
Customers can use the Sprint Money Express mobile app, powered by Wipit, to:
- Load checks to their account from their mobile device by taking a picture (approved funds are available instantly)
- Send money to more than 135 countries (including the United States) with Ria, one of most trusted names in international money transfer
- Pay over 3,500 billers nationwide (Sprint, cable billers, utilities, etc.)
- Top-up domestic and international prepaid wireless accounts (including Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA)
- Transfer money instantly to other Sprint Money Express accounts
- Check account balance, view recent transactions and find cash reload locations
Sprint Money Express accounts also include a personalized, reloadable, Sprint-branded Visa prepaid card to make purchases anywhere in the world that Visa debit is accepted.
Customers can load checks to their account with Quick Check, the check load service available in the Sprint Money Express mobile app. Customers simply enter the check amount, sign and photograph their check, and submit for deposit. Approvals are usually issued in seconds, and funds loaded to the account are available instantly for use in the mobile app, through the Sprint Money Express Visa Prepaid Card, or at an ATM for withdrawal. Quick Check transactions cost only $4 per approved check, for any valid check type up to $2,000.
Customers can sign up using the Sprint Money Express mobile app (available as a free download in Google Play) or online by visiting www.wipit.me/sprint.
Amy Johnsonbaugh is a communications manager for the Apps and Services team at Sprint. Based in Orange County, Calif., she can answer questions related to Sprint-branded or third-party consumer applications, music/entertainment applications, accessibility applications, Sprint ID and family service applications. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1Requires Boost Mobile Wallet Plus Account