February 17, 2014
Manage your finances with these 10 apps
We’re only a couple of months into the New Year and if you’re like me, it’s a good time to take a look at your spending (and saving) to plan for the upcoming year. The following apps can help you monitor your credit score, watch your stocks, manage your finances, create a budget, remotely deposit checks, save money, transfer funds and much more.
- Mint.com Personal Finance pulls all your personal finance accounts into one place, so you can manage your money from virtually anywhere. Track your spending, create a budget and save more. Free Android™, iOS
- TurboTax SnapTax: Tax season is upon us. Easily do your taxes and e-file securely in as few as 10 minutes. Simply snap a photo of your W-2, answer simple questions and e-file securely from your smartphone or tablet. File your federal taxes for free; state return costs $14.99. Free Android, iOS
- Check is an award-winning app that stays on top of your bills and money for you, so you won’t miss a bill or get hit with overdraft and late fees again. The app monitors your bank accounts and credit cards. When bills are due or funds are low, the app will let you know so you won’t be caught off guard. Free Android, iOS
- PayPal: Take PayPal with you to local stores, cafes, restaurants and more. Use the app to pay with your phone. Even better, use the PayPal app to order ahead. Pay back a friend for lunch. Chip in for a gift. Collect money for a work outing. PayPal lets you transfer money between friends instantly. Free Android, iOS
- Yahoo! Finance: Follow the stocks you care about most, receive push notifications on breaking news stories, and access real-time quotes and charts. Free Android, iOS
- Sprint Money Express: Make payments, purchases and manage your cash from your Android smartphone or a linked Visa Prepaid card. The app lets you send money to nearly anywhere in the world, load checks directly to your phone, get paid faster with direct deposit, pay bills using prepaid cash and more, all from your Sprint Money Express account and right from your phone. Free Android
- Boost Mobile Wallet: Boost Mobile Wallet is an easy way to make payments with cash from your Boost Mobile phone or a linked, personalized Visa Prepaid card with no credit check or typical monthly/transactional fees. Load checks for instant access to cash, get paid faster with direct deposit, pay more than 3,500 billers, send money worldwide and more right from your smartphone. Free Android
You can read more about Sprint Money Express and Boost Mobile Wallet here.
- myFICO Mobile: The official mobile app for myFICO customers. View and monitor your FICO® Score and full credit reports powered by Experian, TransUnion and Equifax data. Set your targets, track changes with credit score monitoring and get instant notifications on your mobile device. Free iOS
- SavedPlus is an automatic savings app that allows consumers to automatically save money as they spend. It works like a sales tax by applying a customer chosen percentage to qualified payments or purchases they make and then transferring that amount from a source checking account to a destination savings account. Each time you make a purchase, or make a payment, a percentage of the amount is transferred into your savings account. Free Android, iOS
- Debt Payoff Planner: Helps determine which credit card or loan to pay off first, how long it will take to be debt free and more. $0.99 Android
Amy Johnsonbaugh is a communications manager for the Apps and Services team at Sprint. Based in Orange County, Calif., she can answer questions related to Sprint-branded or third-party consumer applications, music/entertainment applications, accessibility applications, Sprint ID and family service applications. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.