September 19, 2016
Sprint Offers International Students a Quick and Easy Way to Stay Connected to Families and Friends -- with No Credit Check or Service Deposit Required
Students from around the world are packing their bags and heading back to school. In fact, international enrollment in U.S. colleges and universities continues to grow. Nearly one million students1 choose to broaden their education right here in the United States.
Today, Sprint extends a huge welcome to international students from Brazil, India, China, South Korea, Japan and many more countries with the launch of the Sprint® International Student Program. This program allows international students to sign up for wireless service without a credit check or service deposit.
With the Sprint® International Student Program international students can:
- Purchase a new device, bring their own device, or trade in their device for a credit toward a new device, when they sign up for service at select Sprint stores.2
- Choose how they want to get their phone – lease or installment billing.3
- Get a credit towards their new phone, when they trade in their existing eligible smartphone.
- Pick the plan that meets their needs – for example, the Better Choice Plans allow users to select the amount of high-speed data to fit their own personal needs, plus unlimited4 talk and text, and unlimited data at 2G. Or, they can choose our Unlimited Freedom Plan and get the best price for unlimited among national carriers.
And students can add the following international services to both plans no additional monthly fee:
- Sprint Global Roaming included by default on compatible devices. Includes data up to 2G speeds and text messaging in 144 countries.
- Selecting Sprint Open World offers robust international roaming data, voice & text services and discounts on international long distance calling with no monthly fee.
“International students are part of this country’s educational heritage and at Sprint, we want to make their lives even easier with the launch of our Sprint® International Student Program,” said Ryan Souan, director of marketing, Sprint. “This program provides great flexibility and ease, in order to best meet the needs of international students.”
To find out more, please visit: https://sprint.com/internationalstudent