August 30, 2013
Top 5 Apps to Use While Traveling
By Amy Johnsonbaugh
Be sure to keep your smartphone handy as you travel. Here are some apps that can help you save money, stay on schedule and enjoy the memories of your adventures.
- Gas Coupons: Filling up the car is a big expense during a long road trip. With Gas
Coupons, you can save money by finding the cheapest nearby gas prices. This app also offers savings with restaurant coupons and more. Free in Google Play for Android devices. Similar app for iPhone and Android: The Coupons App.
- Scout GPS Navigation & Traffic: Forget standalone GPS devices or pricey car navigation systems. Apps such as Scout provide turn-by-turn navigation, maps, traffic, voice-guided directions to nearby restaurants and shops, cheap gas and more. Free for iPhone and Android devices.
- Local Shopping: Find the best local deals at national retailers including Macy’s, Target, JCPenney, Walmart, Nordstrom, Kohl’s, Old Navy, Best Buy, Toys R Us and more. Free in Google Play for Android devices.
- TripIt Travel Organizer: Organize, plan and store all of your travel plans in one spot. Create a master travel itinerary with hotel, dining and shopping destinations and access your itinerary planner on your mobile device. Free for iPhone and Android devices.
- Pic Collage: Easily turn photos from summer vacation into a fun collage. Choose frames, backgrounds and get creative with freeform collages, cutouts, filters, borders, stickers and text. Free for iPhone and Android devices.
These Android apps are available through Google Play for Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA Android-powered smartphones. Sprint or Virgin Mobile USA customers who own an iPhone can download select apps mentioned above through the iTunes App Store.
You can find more app recommendations in the Discover It section of the Sprint Zone application.
Amy Johnsonbaugh is a communications manager for the Apps and Services team at Sprint. Based in Orange County, Calif., she can answer questions related to Sprint-branded or third-party consumer applications, music/entertainment applications, accessibility applications, Sprint ID and family service applications. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.