July 13, 2015
Turn your car into a Wi-Fi hotspot
By Mark Elliott
For a limited time only, Sprint is pairing a USB charger with a mobile hotspot in the box.
NETGEAR® Zing Mobile Hotspot™ with Dual USB Car Charger gives you the ability to charge your mobile hotspot and a second device while in the car, so passengers can surf the Web, while you’re focused on the road.
The Dual USB Car Charger plugs into the cigarette lighter adapter and connects up to two USB cables for charging.
Connect up to 10 Wi-Fi® enabled devices, including most laptops, tablets, netbooks, portable gaming systems, MP3 players and digital cameras to the Web at the same time. Your passengers will be able to surf the Web, play games online or stream movies without stopping as you crisscross the country.
Fits in a pocket
Measuring 2.7 inches x 4.3 inches x 0.6 inches and weighing 3.95 ounces, NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot is small enough to take anywhere. When the car stops, the fun doesn’t. Unplug NETGEAR Zing and take it with you, so you can stay connected on the go.
Surf for hours
When you’re not plugged in, a 2,500mAh battery provides up to 10 continuous hours of Web surfing with a reliable Wi-Fi connection. A standard wall charger is also included in the box.
Easy to use
There is no software to install; power it on, connect and surf.
The 2.4-inch LCD touchscreen display makes it easy to monitor data usage, administer networks or manage security settings with the tap of a finger. NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot also offers international capabilities with GSM roaming for those travelling abroad.
Available in Sprint Web Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1, Sprint offers three ways to buy NETGEAR Zing:
- Well-qualified buyers can get this mobile spot with $0 down, no finance fees and 24 monthly payments of $8 (SRP: $192; service plan required).
- It is available for $49.99 with a two-year service agreement after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card.
- NETGEAR Zing is also available without a contract for $192.
Choose the service plan that’s right for you:
- Add Zing to the Sprint Family Share Pack for $20 a month, and a family with up to five lines can share 20GB of data for $100 per month. Best of all, Sprint will waive the $20 monthly access charges for one year.
- Customers can activate Zing on its own mobile broadband data plan for as little as $35 a month with 3GB of data.
Mark Elliott is a communications manager for the Wireless Devices team at Sprint. Based in Boston, he is well versed in the company’s business devices, tablets, push-to-talk products and Wi-Fi Calling. Mark can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.