November 22, 2016
Want Peace of Mind when You’re On-the-Go? Check Out Sprint’s Secure Wi-Fi App…Now Available!
Kathleen DunleavyWho doesn’t love Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi gives you the access you need when you’re on-the-go...at the airport, traveling abroad, working remotely or in a neighborhood coffee shop. Wi-Fi is a terrific accompaniment to Sprint wireless service. However, if you’re like me, you don’t feel comfortable accessing private information while you’re on a public Wi-Fi network. Now Sprint provides a simple way to protect your privacy and provides you with peace of mind. A new app, available for download on both Android and iOS, enables customers the ability to establish safe connections while accessing public hotspots.
Here’s how it works:
- If you’re a Sprint customer, the Secure Wi-Fi app is pre-loaded on all Android devices and also available for download from either Google Play or iTunes Store;
- Once enabled, the app will automatically alert customers via a pop-up notification when you are about to connect to an unsecure Wi-Fi network;
- It then offers protection through encrypting critical information;
- Available to customers for $1.99/month or for $.99 you can sign up for a 24 hour day pass.
- Security: Provides instant security when connected to unsecure public Wi-Fi networks.
- Performance & Efficiency: One of the Fastest Wi-Fi security solution in the market. Encrypts only critical information thus being faster (not slowing you down) and easier on your battery (you can use your phone longer)
- Convenience: Always on, no need to remember to turn it on and off. Sprint billed.
This is huge, especially considering that according to Sprint research, 85% of mobile users connected to unsecured Wi-Fi at least once a month. You can learn more at: www.sprint.com.