September 09, 2013
What Boost and Virgin Mobile employees like best about Samsung Galaxy S III
By Danielle Babbington
In June, Boost and Virgin Mobile announced availability of Samsung Galaxy S III, the high-end Android smartphone operating on the Sprint 3G and 4G LTE networks, with 4G LTE available to Sprint, Boost and Virgin Mobile customers in 151 markets and counting. I know our customers excited about the device, but I think our team may be even more excited. So, we went around the office and asked – What is your favorite feature on Galaxy S III?
- Dual cameras: an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p video capture and 720p playback and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. The 8-megapixel camera features a zero shutter-lag speed that lets you capture moving objects easily without delay – a favorite feature of Randall on the marketing team who tries to capture as many silly moments as possible of his two year-old son.
- S Voice is the go to feature for Sean on the sponsorships and events team as he uses S Voice to access GPS navigation while driving to get directions when he is traveling for work.
- Video Picture in Picture Multi-tasking lets you play a video anywhere on your screen while running other tasks, eliminating the need to close and restart videos when checking new emails or surfing the Web. This is the feature I like best, especially when I am at work so I can multitask and check out a YouTube™ video without missing a work email…Shhh, don’t tell!
- 50GB of Dropbox storage free for two years when you purchase Galaxy S III from Boost or Virgin. Dropbox is a cloud storage service that lets you bring all your photos, docs and videos almost anywhere. Almost any file you save to your Dropbox will also automatically save to almost all your computers, phones and other devices with the Dropbox app installed – and even online through the Dropbox website. Mike on the marketing team has been using Dropbox daily to upload photos and videos, as well as transfer files and important documents, citing the ease of use and accessibility combined with the free 50GB of space, it takes most of the worry out of syncing devices and saving files securely1.
- No annual contracts:
- Boost Mobile rewards its customers with shrinking payments for simply paying on time with the $55 Android Monthly Unlimited plan with Shrinking Payments2.
- Because of the innovative technology of Samsung Galaxy S III, Virgin Mobile customers will appreciate the real savings over postpaid service of our monthly no contract plans which offer unlimited data and messaging starting at $35 per month2.
1Receipt of two years of free Dropbox storage subject to certain terms and conditions, including creation of Dropbox account. After end of free two year term, may be subject to regular fees. See device materials or dropbox.com/gs for details.
2Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile’s Beyond Talk monthly plans include 2.5GB/month of high speed 3G/4G data. Adaptive protocol video limited to 3G speeds. Shrinking Payments on Boost Mobile: Monthly payments are reduced by $5/month after every 6 on-time payments, max discount of $15/month. For additional plan terms and other details, see in-store materials or visit boostmobile.com or virginmobileusa.com.
Danielle Babbington is the public relations manager for the Boost Mobile brand at Sprint. Based in sunny southern Calif., she oversees all public relations programs for the Boost brand including product and service launches, sponsorships, events, advertising, brand initiatives and more. Danielle can be reached at email@example.com.