Sprint makes online shopping easy with money-saving Web-exclusive offers on popular wireless devices
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Dec 01, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- --Families can save at least $240 and up to $1,000 annually with Sprint wireless plans over Verizon and AT&T
Sprint (NYSE:S) is giving customers the gift of value this holiday season with six power-packed devices offered free with a two-year contract for a limited time only exclusively through Sprint.com. Sprint customers already enjoy the best savings in wireless service today - for families, that can mean at least $240 and up to $1,000 in annual savings based on comparable rate and service plans offered by Verizon and AT&T.
Significant price drops on the following devices begin today exclusively at Sprint.com for new line activations or eligible upgrades with a two-year agreement:
- Palm Centro(TM): Free after $100 mail-in rebate Centro is the smallest and lightest Palm phone to date. Centro has a modern, stylish look that feels comfortable in the hand, pocket or evening purse. Centro has been one of the top selling devices for Sprint this year because it is easy-to-use for both communication and organization (offer available only at sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1 through Jan. 4).
- Rumor(TM) by LG(R): Free instantly Exclusively from Sprint, the colorful Rumor by LG helps you manage your entertainment, data and voice needs in a single, attractive device. Rumor by LG puts the convenience of text messaging in the palm of your hand with an easy-to-use QWERTY slide keyboard and one-touch access to messaging through a softkey from the idle screen (offer available only at sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1 through Dec. 26).
- i335 by Motorola(R): Free instantly Offering the industry-leading push-to-talk Nextel Direct Connect(R) services available only on the iDEN network, i335 by Motorola is an easy-to-use, candy-bar-style phone offering Bluetooth(R) and speakerphone. It is also certified to Military Standard 810F for dust, shock and vibration (offer available only at sprint.com through Dec. 20).
- Compass(TM) 597 by Sierra Wireless(R): Free instantly The nation’s smallest USB modem, Compass 597 is about the size of a pack of gum. It features automatic installation of Sprint SmartView(SM) software and one-touch activation on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network, making it easy to get up and running (offer available in all Sprint channels through Jan. 10 or while supplies last).
- M300 by Samsung: Free instantly M300 by Samsung combines many of the essential tools customers need to communicate faster and easier with a compact, attractive design. Features include Bluetooth technology, VGA camera with digital zoom, Internet access, email and text messaging (offer available only at sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1 through Jan. 10 or while supplies last).
- S1 by Sanyo: Free instantly With a sleek look and feel, S1 by Sanyo offers the essential features that consumers rely on, including a robust 24mm speakerphone, integrated Bluetooth wireless technology, large LCD screen and voice-activated dialing. S1 by Sanyo is wrapped in a soft-touch finish that feels great in your hand (offer available only at sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1 through Jan. 10 or while supplies last).
"During these challenging economic times, it is more important than ever for us to make online holiday shopping effortless with the best overall value and the most options in affordable wireless phones," said Dan Hesse, CEO of Sprint. "Sprint offers something for everyone on your holiday shopping list with the advanced features and exclusive content available on our devices. Consumers will see how Sprint can help them save money during this holiday season."
Beyond offering lower prices on devices and plans than competitors, Sprint offers customers the best value in wireless, including Now Network benefits provided by the fastest national push-to-talk network and America’s largest, most dependable 3G network.* Sprint has four times the coverage of AT&T’s current 3G network. Sprint also guarantees friendly service with Ready Now, an exclusive Sprint experience that offers hands-on training and setup for customers at Sprint stores nationwide.
Earlier this year, Sprint revolutionized unlimited pricing in the wireless industry by moving beyond its competitors to deliver more features for a flat rate of $99.99. Sprint’s Simply Everything(SM) plan provides unlimited nationwide calling, texting, email, Web browsing, GPS navigation and much more - all for only $99.99. Comparable yearly messaging and data plans on Verizon and AT&T cost the consumer an additional $480 and $540, respectively.
Sprint’s Simply Everything Family plan with unlimited voice, data and messaging for two customers is more than $1,000 less costly per year than AT&T’s similar plan. Sprint’s family share plans begin at $99.99 and offer an annual savings of $240 vs. Verizon and AT&T, allowing two customers to share 1,500 minutes (includes free nights starting at 7 p.m. and weekends) and unlimited messaging, including texting, picture sharing and video messaging, for $99.99.
Everything Data plans are a great value at just $69.99 for 450 minutes of talk time with unlimited data, including texting, email, Web browsing, GPS Navigation and exclusive content such as NFL Mobile Live(TM) and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile(TM). Unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling to other Sprint customers and free nights and weekends starting at 7 p.m. are included in these affordable plans.
Existing customers can switch plans without renewing their contracts. New lines of service require a two-year agreement.
Customers can learn more about the great holiday deals on Sprint’s wireless phones by going to sprint.com. Online chat with a customer service representative is available 24 hours a day to quickly address any questions during the purchasing process. Existing Sprint customers can switch to any of these plans without a contract extension. They are available on new lines of activation with a two-year agreement per line.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two wireless networks serving nearly 51 million customers at the end of the third quarter 2008; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
*Largest based on square miles. Dependability based on independent, third-party drive-test data on connection success and session reliability for the top 50 most populous markets from March to September 2008. Fastest based on initial call setup time.
Michelle Leff Mermelstein, 703-592-7504