September 05, 2014
Just in time for Grandparent’s Day, Sept. 7, we’ve completely revamped the Active Senior Sprint ID pack. At Sprint, we emphasize the importance of accessibility for all of our customers, and strive to offer solutions that allow customers, at every stage in life, to stay connected as well as feel safe and secure.
According to Pew Research Internet Project,1 “a significant majority of older adults say they need assistance when it comes to using new digital devices. Just 18 percent would feel comfortable learning to use a new technology device such as a smartphone or tablet on their own…”
The Active Senior ID pack is a resource that helps eliminate the confusion that comes with searching Google Play’s seemingly endless amount of applications, while presenting a package of apps, completely free of charge, that are tailored for users ages 55 and up. With a single click that aims to help simplify, organize and provide tools to the active senior, this collection of free apps, can be downloaded to select Sprint or Boost Mobile Android smartphones. Let’s face it; we can all use a little help when it comes to finding the best apps to suit our lifestyle, right?
Sprint ID packs are bundles of applications that allow users to easily and quickly customize their Android devices based on specific needs and interests. The Active Senior Sprint ID pack’s bundle of applications was chosen with the help of several organizations focused on seniors including AARP.
Applications in the Active Senior ID pack bundle allow seniors to:
- Listen to their favorite music with Sprint Music Plus or audio books with Audible.
- Always have important information at their fingertips from AARP, WebMD, USA Today, CBS Sports, Yahoo Finance, Accuweather and Stock Quote.
- Keep track of medication needs with Drugs.com Medication Guide and MedsTimeFree.
- Put safety first with Fall Detector and ICE (In Case of Emergency).
- Receive word-for-word captions of everything said to them on mobile phone calls with Wireless CapTel® by Sprint®.
- Keep their body active with Stretch Fitness and Instant Heart Rate.
- Stay entertained and keep their minds sharp with games such as Classic Words Free, Solitaire, Word Search and Memory.
- Stay in touch with family and friends with Flickr, Facebook and Senior Match.
- Make texting and mobile social media posting quick and easy with Easy Type.
About Sprint Good WorksSM
Sprint is committed to using our technology, human and financial resources to help make the world a better place. This commitment infuses our business and culture and drives our corporate responsibility program, Sprint Good WorksSM. More than just a name, Good Works is also a belief: Good does indeed workSM. The good works we perform every day benefit three key subjects: people, product and planet. For people, we demonstrate good works through targeted philanthropic initiatives and a diverse and ethical workforce. For a better product, we harness the power of innovation to help customers minimize their environmental footprint and increase their safety and security, and to empower seniors and those with disabilities to stay connected through accessible technology. For a healthier planet, we lead the industry with our sustainable business practices and wireless reuse and recycling programs. These are just a few of the ways we demonstrate good works to bring people and resources together for a better world. You can learn more about our Good Works at www.sprint.com/goodworks.
Amy Johnsonbaugh is a communications manager for the Apps and Services team at Sprint. Based in Orange County, Calif., she can answer questions related to Sprint-branded or third-party consumer applications, music/entertainment applications, accessibility applications, Sprint ID and family service applications. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1Pew Research Internet Project, Older Adults and Technology Use, April 3, 2014