Fans Can Personalize Their Mobile Phones in a Single Download with E! Online, Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Live From the Red Carpet Apps, as well as Exclusive Celeb Tracker Feature and E! News Now Breaking News Videos
LOS ANGELES (BUSINESS WIRE), June 27, 2011 - Let’s face it – you have better things to do with your time than comb through more than 200,000 apps searching for the best ones to fulfill your celebrity fix. Leave the hard work to E! – the global leader in entertainment and pop culture news and information. Now you can keep up with your favorite celebrities, read breaking entertainment news, preview fashion from the hottest red carpet events and watch clips from your favorite E! shows with the E! ID pack available on select Sprint Android-powered mobile devices.
Featuring popular apps such as E! Online, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Fandango, TweetCaster and Live From the Red Carpet, as well as a variety of widgets and shortcuts, the E! ID pack personalizes your smartphone quickly, in one single download. The E! ID pack is part of Sprint ID, a simple way for wireless customers to get a customized mobile experience on their device with apps, widgets, and more in a few simple clicks, based on their interests or favorite brands.
The E! ID pack includes the following apps, widgets and shortcuts to keep you ‘in-the-know’ at all times:
- E! Online app: The very best of E! Online is available for your Android device! It’s never been easier to access the breaking entertainment news, photos and videos you can’t live without.
- Live From the Red Carpet App: The fashion! The stars! The glitz! The winners! It’s all here in this unparalleled, high-class app from E!, the leader in red carpet entertainment. The Live From the Red Carpet app lets you experience total VIP access to Hollywood’s hottest events, right at your fingertips.
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians app: Keeping Up with the Kardashians has never been easier--or more fun--with the all-new KUWTK app! The app features videos from Keeping Up with the Kardashians, news articles and real-time Twitter feeds.
- Fandango: The nation’s leading moviegoer destination offers you everything you need to know about what’s playing ‘in theaters’ or “coming soon” at your fingertips. Fandango’s app makes the movie going experience better than ever!
- TweetCaster: Keep in the know with all your favorite E! personalities and celebrities using the best app for Twitter on your Android device. TweetCaster supports multiple accounts, URL shortening, picture sharing, @replies and so much more!
- E! News Now Video Widget: Features 24/7 news updates on the latest celebrity and entertainment news.
- E! News widget: The E! News widget delivers the hottest stories on E! Online anywhere, anytime on your Android device.
- The Big Picture widget: The Big Picture widget delivers the latest hi-res pictures from our popular Big Picture gallery on E! Online.
- Celeb Tracker widget: The celeb tracker widget allows you to follow your favorite stars, showing the latest news on your favorite celebrity.
- TV schedule widget: The TV schedule widget allows you to see what’s on E! now, and what’s coming up for the rest of the day.
- E! Online Android site: Get E! Online virtually anywhere, anytime on your mobile phone. Stay in-the-know with up-to-the-minute news on your favorite celebs. Plus the pack includes direct links to The Big Picture and more hi-res, full screen photo galleries, Movie Reviews, videos, and the juiciest dish from Watch With Kristin and The Awful Truth.
Owners of Sprint ID-capable mobile devices can download up to five ID packs and easily switch back and forth between them or swap them out for new ones. Sprint ID-capable devices include Samsung Epic™ 4G, LG Optimus S™, Sanyo Zio™, Samsung Transform™ and Samsung Replenish™. Sprint ID packs are free to download with an Everything Data plan from Sprint. To see all Sprint ID packs, visit www.sprint.com/sprintid. For more information about the E! ID pack visit www.sprint.com/eonline.
E! is television’s top destination for all things entertainment and celebrity. E! is currently available to 98 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. and the E! Everywhere initiative underscores the company’s dedication to making E! content available on all new media platforms any time and anywhere from online to broadband video to wireless to radio to VOD. Popular programming includes E! core franchises, “E! News,” “The Soup,” “Chelsea Lately” and “Fashion Police” as well as the network’s hit series “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” “Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, “Kourtney and Kim Take New York,” “Kendra” and “Holly’s World.” Additionally, E!’s “Live from the Red Carpet” signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on Hollywood’s biggest nights. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 51 million customers at the end of 1Q 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.