Inspired by the power of touch, HTC today unveiled HTC U11 at Sprint’s New York City Executive Business Center. Ryan Sullivan, VP of Product Development at Sprint and Andre Lonne, President of HTC Americas show off the new device.
HTC U11 is the world’s first smartphone with revolutionary new squeeze interaction and powerful features including:
- HTC Edge Sense transforms this fundamental sense into a completely new and revolutionary interaction with your phone. With a simple squeeze, HTC Edge Sense lets you easily engage with your phone in an unprecedented yet intuitive way, helping you more naturally enjoy the things you love like taking photos, opening Facebook, or launching any of your favorite apps.
- HTC U11 is the first smartphone to feature hands-free wake word access to Amazon Alexa. By simply asking questions such as “Alexa, what’s the weather today?” or saying things like, “Alexa, turn on my living room lights,” Alexa will respond to your needs anywhere you go, making it easy to control smart home products, ask for news, weather, music, and the 12,000-plus skills in the Alexa skills store.
- HTC U11 is the first smartphone to be commercially released worldwide that is exclusively powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform. Every HTC U11 also includes UFS 2.1 for an extremely fast processor paired with the fastest memory performance.
Sprint is the exclusive carrier launch partner for HTC U11. Enjoy this powerful smartphone without limitations or worry about data overages with Sprint’s Unlimited Freedom1 for the best price for Unlimited among national U.S. carriers. Unlimited Freedom customers enjoy Unlimited Data, Talk and Text for $50/month for the first line, two lines for $40 month/line, four lines for $30 month/line and the fifth line is free. This includes HD streaming for video, music and gaming, and 10GB/month per line of mobile hotspot data, providing convenience and extra value. For more information, visit www.sprint.com/unlimited.
HTC U11 is an HPUE-enabled (High Performance User Equipment) smartphone. HPUE makes the Sprint network experience even better with increased coverage, more capacity and faster speeds on capable devices. HPUE-enabled smartphones are designed to give customers a better overall experience for watching streaming videos and enjoying mobile gaming and other online apps and services. HPUE can extend Sprint’s existing 2.5GHz coverage by up to 30 percent to nearly match its mid-band 1.9GHz spectrum performance, including indoors where the majority of wireless traffic is generated. Sprint has more spectrum than any other carrier across the United States, allowing Sprint to keep adding the capacity and speed needed to serve customers’ increasing demand for unlimited data.
HTC U11 in Sapphire Blue and Brilliant Black will be available for presale beginning today at www.sprint.com/htc. Beginning on June 9, it will be sold online, at 1-800-SPRINT1 and in Sprint retail stores for $0 down and $29.00 US per month for 24 months (SRP: $696)2. And for a limited time, pre-order HTC U11 from Sprint and get two Amazon Echo Dots on us (SRP: $99.98).3
For all of the device specifications and more, visit www.htc.com.
1. Unlimited Freedom savings until 6/30/18; then $60/mo. for line 1, $40/mo. for line 2 and $30/mo. lines 3-5. Includes unlimited talk, text and data. Streams video at up to HD 1080p, music at up to 1.5Mbps, gaming at up to 8Mbps. Data deprioritization during congestion. MHS, P2P and VPN reduced to 2G speeds at 10GB/mo. Pricing shown with AutoPay discount applied w/in two invoices. Excludes taxes, surcharges, and roaming. Subject to credit, $30 activation fee & restrictions apply.
2. Subject to $30 activation fee. Requires 24-mo. installment agreement, credit approval, 0% APR, active account in good standing, & service plan. Taxes due at sale. Early termination results in remaining balance due. Restrictions apply.
3. Amazon Echo Dot is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. To be eligible for this promotion all HTC U11 purchases must be made on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 through Thursday, June 8, 2017 ("Promotion Period"). Participants who purchase a new HTC U11 during the Promotional Period and successfully complete the Online Submission on or before Friday, July 15, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM (PST) will receive 2 Amazon Echo Dot voice-activated speakers. Offer valid while supplies last and quantities are limited. Allow 4-6 weeks for fulfillment of valid promotion requests. HTC reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value or limit offer. Limit two (2) Amazon Echo Dots per person and per device. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or incomplete orders. Sponsor: HTC America, 308 Occidental Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104
HTC, HTC One and the HTC logo are the trademarks of HTC Corporation. All other names of companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.