Essential in the Elements
June 11, 2012
Exclusively from Sprint, Kyocera DuraXT is perfect for push-to-talk users who require a seriously rugged device due to their tough work environment. DuraXT offers industry-leading push-to-talk capabilities of Sprint® Direct Connect® and is wrapped in a rugged, clamshell form factor encased in a rubber, non-slip Dura-Grip® material for sure hold and extra durability. Stay on task during tough times with military-grade durability, including water resistance up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Use the integrated 3.2-megapixel camera and camcorder to record critical events at the speed of Sprint 3G. The 32GB expandable memory card slot provides the storage capacity required to manage large files on-the-go (1 GB microSD card included). DuraXT boasts a powerful speakerphone and an enhanced User Interface allows for easier use.
SPRINT DIRECT CONNECT FEATURES
· Sprint Direct Connect – Instant, one-to-one push-to-talk calling nationwide on the Sprint network, with any other Direct Connect subscriber. Direct Connect is the core push-to-talk feature and is designed for interoperability across Sprint and Nextel network platforms.
· Guaranteed Talk Permit – The assurance that when you hear the push-to-talk “chirp” that your call was successfully transmitted.
· Call Alert with Text – Send an audio alert with an optional text message to let another Direct Connect subscriber know you are trying to reach them and why.
· Group Connect®– Communicate with up to 20 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers all at once – nationwide, at the push of one button.
· TeamDCSM – Communicate with up to 200 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers at the same time nationwide.
· NextMail® – Send a recorded message to any email worldwide or mobile handset via text message by using the Direct Connect button.
· Availability Notification – Request the availability status of another push-to-talk member and, if they are busy, request a notification when they are free.
· One-Touch Direct Connect– Allows quick access to multiple direct connect options.
· Military Standard 810G Spec compliance for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, solar radiation, salt fog, blowing rain and water immersion (up to 30 minutes in up to one meter/3.28 ft. of water).
· 3.2 MP camera w/flash and camcorder.
· Powerful speakerphone for excellent sound quality in noisy environments.
· Limit Use – a great tool for business managers that restricts users from utilizing certain functions on the phone
· Sprint Mobile Sync – add and edit all your contacts and groups, including TeamDC groups, online. Also allows you to transfer contacts to a new phone and erase contact information from a lost phone.
· Bluetooth® connectivity 2.0 + EDR. Stereo Bluetooth connectivity 2.0 + EDR (includes support for Bluetooth capable PTT headsets and barcode scanners)
· SMS and MMS messaging.
· Browser-based email for access to POP3 and IMAP accounts.
· Large-font option for menus.
· 2.5 mm headphone jack (supports PTT headsets).
· Multiple language support – English, Spanish.
· Hearing aid compatibility (HAC): Rating M4/T4 TTY capable.
· Speaker-independent voice-activated dialing.
· Dimensions: 4.0 x 2.1 x 1.1 inches, weight: 5.30 oz
· Display: Main Display: 2.0-inch QVGA TFT (240 x 320 pixels), External display: High-contrast, 1.0” monochrome (96 x 64 pixels)
· Removable 1360 mAh battery for up to 8.08 hours continuous talk-time
*Kyocera and DuraGrip are registered trademarks of Kyocera Corporation. microSD is a trademark of SD-3C, LLC. Bluetooth mark is owned by the Bluetooth SIG Inc. and any use of such marks is under license. All other marks are properties of their respective owners.