Eco-friendly technology that fits in your pocket
April 17, 2012
LG Optimus Elite™ offers an affordable and environmentally responsible addition to the Sprint line up of devices with eco-friendly attributes. Successor to the popular LG Optimus S, LG Optimus Elite boasts a pocketable form factor and virtual QWERY keyboard that allows users to update social sites and message friends with ease. Additionally, LG Optimus Elite comes equipped with NFC technology and Google Wallet enabling the device to be used like a wallet to make safe, secure purchases at hundreds of participating retailers. This affordable and highly customizable full-featured smartphone is ideal for feature phone users looking to make the move to Android as well as existing 3G phone users who want to stay connected and organized with Android 2.3 and other key features including a 3.5-inch capacitive touch-screen. LG Optimus Elite also features mobile hotspot capability supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G experience simultaneously and visual voicemail. The device will be available in two color options: Titan Silver and White.
· ULE Platinum Certified, the highest level of environmental performance recognized by sustainable requirements established by UL Environment and Sprint
· The device has eliminated the use of many environmentally sensitive materials, including polyvinyl chloride (PVC), brominated flame retardants (BFR), halogen, beryllium, phthalates, and nickel.
· CarbonFree certified to offset the carbon footprint of the phone’s full lifecycle
· The device comes in fully recyclable packaging that is printed with soy inks, contains up to 87% post-consumer paper, and was engineered with a glueless construction.
· 5MP camera and camcorder
· 3.5 inch touchscreen display with virtual QWERTY keyboard
· Android Market™ for access to more than 400,000 applications, widgets and games
· 50GB of free cloud storage and sharing from Box1
· Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips and Google Wallet enabling the phone to be used like a wallet to make safe, secure purchases at hundreds of thousands of participating retailers using NFC
· Sprint ID, a user-friendly means of customizing Android content on mobile phones. Allows users to instantly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience, including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers, all at once.
· Mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G experience simultaneously.
· Wi-Fi Enabled – 802.11 b/g/n with Mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G experience simultaneously
· microSD card slot supporting up to 32GB (microSD card not included with device)
· GPS Navigation– search for the closest coffee shop, or navigate to a specific address with a 3D map that moves with you
· Corporate Email (Exchange Active Sync) & Personal email (POP & IMAP) which gives you access to Gmail®, Yahoo! ® and much more
· Dimensions: 4.6" (H) x 2.47" (W) x 0.39" (D)
· Weight: 4.25 ounces
· Main Display: 3.5” Color TFT, 320 x 480 (HVGA) Pixels
· Memory: 512MB RAM, 4GB ROM
· Standard Battery: 1520 mAh, up to 7.3 hours talk time2
1Available exclusively on LG devices through July 22. Must be initially downloaded and activated on device. Actual storage amount varies
2All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, select features, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.