Combining Sprint 3G with the Gold Standard for Push-to-Talk
October 20, 2011
Built with the Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread platform, Motorola ADMIRAL™ is the first 3G-powered Sprint Direct Connect® smartphone, designed to withstand the most rugged environments. It features a 1.2GHz processor, 3.1-inch VGA touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard and uses the Sprint 3G (EVDO Rev. A) Network to combine the gold-standard push-to-talk capabilities of Sprint Direct Connect with higher bandwidth capacity to keep up with customers’ demand for data. Ready for the toughest conditions, Motorola ADMIRAL is designed to meet Military Standard 810G for dust, shock, vibration, solar radiation, low pressure and high and low temperatures. Motorola ADMIRAL supports Microsoft Exchange and other email systems, and it is easy to push delivery of Microsoft Exchange email tailored to the needs of specific users, and with robust calendar capabilities, employees can access the corporate Global Address List to create, edit and share meetings. Motorola ADMIRAL also features the security IT departments demand and protects sensitive company data with enhanced on-device security features that can be managed via the existing Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Server, including password support, remote wipe and data encryption, as well as more than 30 other security policies.
Sprint Direct Connect:
· Sprint Direct Connect – Instant, one-to-one push-to-talk calling nationwide on the Sprint network, with any other Direct Connect subscriber. Direct Connect is the core push-to-talk feature and is designed for interoperability across Sprint and Nextel network platforms.
· Guaranteed Talk Permit – The assurance that when you hear the push-to-talk “chirp” that your call was successfully transmitted.
· Call Alert with Text – Send an audio alert with an optional text message to let another Direct Connect subscriber know you are trying to reach them and why.
· Group Connect®– Communicate with up to 20 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers all at once – nationwide, at the push of one button.
· TeamDCSM – Communicate with up to 200 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers at the same time nationwide2.
· NextMail® – Send a recorded message to any email worldwide or mobile handset via text message by using the Direct Connect button.
· Availability Notification – Request the availability status of another push-to-talk member and, if they are busy, request a notification when they are free.
· Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®) and personal (POP & IMAP) email
· 3G Mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
· Quickoffice® to view and edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe® PDF documents anywhere, anytime
· Full suite of Google applications and services, including Google Maps™, Google Talk™, Gmail™ and YouTube™
· Android Market™ for access to more than 250,000 applications, widgets and games
· 5-megapixel camera with 720p HD video capture, LED flash and 4x zoom
· Stereo Bluetooth
· Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
· Integrated GPS
· Dimensions: 2.44 X 4.68 X 0.48 inches (61.95 x 118.95 x 12.15 mm)
· Weight: 4.71 ounces (133.6 grams)
· Display: 3.1-inch VGA 640 x 480 touchscreen display
· 4GB Internal Memory and supports up to a 32GB microSD card (sold separately)
· Battery Specifications: 1860 mAh Lithium-ion battery
· Talktime: up to 9 hours3
1Online group management is available on Sprint Direct Connect phones only. It is not available on Nextel or PowerSource phones.
2‘This feature may require Network review or use of eFemtocel’.
3 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, select features, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
MOTOROLA and the stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. Android, Android Market, Google Maps, Google Talk, Gmail, and YouTube are trademarks of Google, Inc. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Mobile are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2011