Changes you can see. Motorola i580 is an important device for those that need a ruggedized, all-weather device, and now it is available in a highly visible yellow. This important addition to the Sprint handset lineup adds another dimension for Nextel Direct Connect customers. This rugged clam shell design is certified to Military Standard 810 F, and performs in extreme outdoor environments and stands up to dusty environments, drops, exposure to vibration from heavy machinery use and hot/cold climates. Motorola i580 include rubber encasing, interior linings and seals protect the phone’s antenna, speakerphone, keys, battery door and accessory connections against water intrusion.
NEXTEL DIRECT CONNECT1:
- Direct Connect® – Instant, one-to-one push-to-talk communication nationwide with any other Nextel1 Direct Connect subscriber.
- Group Connect® – Communicate or coordinate activities with up to 20 other Nextel Direct Connect subscribers all at once – nationwide1. Create and manage groups dynamically on your phone.
- International Direct ConnectSM – International Direct Connect Calling lets you instantly connect from the U.S. to users in other eligible countries including Canada and Mexico. In addition, International Direct Connect Roaming lets you make and receive push-to-talk calls while travelling in those countries.1
- Direct TalkSM – The all-digital off-network push-to-talk service that works anywhere, anytime between compatible phones for short-range communications (range will vary based on terrain and conditions and in-building performance). Direct Talk is a reliable back-up communications tool in times of emergency, network outage, or when working in or travelling to remote areas where coverage is not available.1
- Direct SendSM – Send pictures or contact information to other Direct Send-capable phones…with a quick push of the button!1
- NextMail® – Send voice messages to any email address anywhere using your Direct Connect button! NextMail lets you communicate with others via email on the go without typing. You can also incorporate NextMail into your daily operations to document and track activity; even use customizable subject lines to prioritize, sort and file critical communications.1
- Rugged Construction: Certified to Military Standard 810 F for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, low pressure and solar radiation. Performs in extreme outdoor environments and stands up to dusty environments, drops, exposure to vibration from heavy machinery use and hot/cold climates.
- Rain Resistant: Certified to Military Standard 810 F for blowing rain, humidity, and salt fog. Designed to withstand exposure to rain, sleet and snow. Rubber encasing, interior linings and seals protect the phone’s antenna, speakerphone, keys, battery door and accessory connections against water intrusion.
- Expandable Memory: Images, video and music are conveniently stored with up to 1 GB of optional removable memory2
- Camera: 1.3 megapixel camera with video capabilities
- Multimedia Messaging Service: Send or receive Multimedia Messages (either audio, images, text, or all three in the same message) to or from email addresses and other capable users1. You can even wirelessly store multimedia on the Sprint web site.1
- GPS Navigation: Features embedded Global Positioning System (GPS) chip necessary for utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available, and receiving audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, mapping your location, or conducting local searches direct from your handset.1 2
- Java Applications: Run pre-loaded applications include TeleNav, Accuweather, Photoshare, IKTV and Mobile Email Enhanced.1
- Bluetooth®: Enables hands-free, short-range wireless communication using a Bluetooth headset and wireless uploading/downloading to or from a computer.3
- Form factor: Rugged, all-weather flip phone with external display
- Network: iDEN® 800/900 MHz for Nextel Direct Connect1, interconnect and data
- Dimensions: 3.8” x 2.2” x 1.1”
- Weight: 5.1 ounces
- Internal Display: 1.9,” 262k color, 176 x 220 pixels
- External Display: white STN, 96 x 32 pixels
- Battery Specifications: BT 60 Standard (High Capacity) Li-Ion Battery (1130 mAh) & Extended (Maximum Capacity) Li-Ion Battery (1640 mAh)
- Operating System: Motorola ROS
- Talk Time: 200 minutes for BT 60 Standard Battery4
Certain mobile phone features are dependent on the capabilities and settings of your service provider’s network. Additionally, certain features may not be activated by your service provider, and/or their network settings may limit the feature’s functionality. Always contact your service provider about feature availability and functionality. All features, functionality and other product specifications are based upon the latest available information and are believed to be accurate; however such product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
1 Network dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply.
2 Available user memory varies due to the configuration of the phone, which varies by service provider.
3 This device supports Bluetooth Headset, Handsfree, Dial Up Networking, Stereo, Phone Access, Basic Printing, Object Push, File Transfer profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.motorola.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer. Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and
4 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2009 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.