First device with Android 3.0, designed specifically for tablets
April 28, 2011
Motorola XOOM™ Wi-Fi is the first device to feature Android™ 3.0 (Honeycomb), 10.1-inch widescreen HD display and a 1GHz dual-core processor, making it a powerful e-reader, media player, portable computing device and so much more. The Android 3.0 platform is the next generation of Android, designed specifically for tablets, showcasing the latest innovations in widgets, multi-tasking, Web browsing, notifications and customization. It also offers access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games through Android Market™ and more than 3 million Google™ eBooks, making it an ideal e-reader. Motorola XOOM features two cameras, a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera with flash that can capture HD video and a front-facing 2-megapixel camera designed specifically for Google Talk™ with video chat. Using an HDMI® cable (sold separately), Motorola XOOM can also share any user generated content with any HDTV.
· Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
· 1GHz dual-core processor
· Two cameras, a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera with flash that can capture HD video and a front-facing 2-megapixel camera designed specifically for Google Talk with video chat
· True tabbed Web browsing
· Supports a Beta of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2 downloadable from Android Market
· Google Chrome bookmark sync and incognito mode for private Web browsing
· Android Market for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience and access to more than 3 million Google eBooks, making it an ideal e-reader
· Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ 5.0 with 3D interaction, Google Calendar, Voice Actions, and YouTube™
· Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
· Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR1
· Integrated GPS
· Dimensions: 9.8 inches x 6.6 inches x 0.5 inches (249.1mm x 167.8mm x 12.7mm)
· Weight: 25.74 ounce (730 grams)
· Display: 10.1-inch widescreen HD display
· 1GB internal RAM memory and 32GB onboard user memory
· Battery Specifications: 3250 mAh Lithium-ion battery
For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
1 This device supports Bluetooth 2.1 (A2DP, HSP, HFP) profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. Not all Bluetooth features may be supported by all compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. Visit http://www.motorola.com/bluetoothconnect for more details.
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Android, Android Market, Google Talk, Google eBooks, Google, Google Maps, Google Search, Gmail, Google Calendar, and YouTube are trademarks of Google, Inc. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved.