Sprint Also Becomes First Carrier to Offer Streaming Radio from CMT, MTV and VH1
Popular Programs Such As ’CMT Insider,’ ’The Daily Show,’ ’Laguna Beach’ and ’Best Week Ever’ Now Available, Along with Original Made-for-Mobile Content
NEW YORK CITY and RESTON, Va. — 02/27/2006
MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), and Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced that hit music, comedy and entertainment programming from the nation’s premier music brands - CMT, MTV and VH1 - and the only all-comedy network, COMEDY CENTRAL, is now available on-demand on the Emmy Award-winning Sprint TV(SM) lineup. In addition to offering subscribers select clips from such hit MTV Networks programs as ’CMT Insider,’ ’The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,’ ’Laguna Beach’ and ’Best Week Ever,’ Sprint becomes the first domestic wireless service to stream the CMT, MTV and VH1 radio stations.
"Sprint continues to lead the industry in bringing the best lineup of entertainment and mobile content to our customers," said Jeff Hallock, vice president of wireless product strategy and marketing for Sprint. "Now our customers have the flexibility to view compelling programming from CMT, COMEDY CENTRAL, MTV and VH1. They can also listen to streaming audio channels from CMT, MTV and VH1 - a service that currently only Sprint offers to its customers."
"Our diverse networks air many of the most popular - and creative - shows on television that define the ever-changing pop-culture landscape," said Greg Clayman, MTV Networks’ vice president of wireless strategy and operations. "No matter where they are, Sprint customers can now stay connected to the short-form programming they love on CMT, COMEDY CENTRAL, MTV and VH1 and remain plugged into the latest trends in music, fashion, movies, comedy and more."
The full roster of MTV Networks’ video and audio programming now available on the Sprint network includes:
CMT - Channel 46
- CMT Radio, featuring artists like Toby Keith, Martina McBride and Tim McGraw;
- ’CMT Insider,’ highlights from the weekly series that explores the hot topics in entertainment and country-music news, including the latest in movies, music, fashion and sports;
- ’CMT Most Shocking,’ revealing amazing, harrowing and sometimes-terrifying stories from America’s small towns and outposts;
- ’CMT Uncorked,’ spotlighting country’s hottest videos in their entirety, available first on CMT’s mobile network; and
- ’Studio 330 Sessions,’ featuring stripped down, spontaneous performances of signature hits and new material streamed exclusively on CMT.com.
- ’The Colbert Report,’ featuring "Truthiness" highlights and the most intense interviews from the previous night’s episode;
- ’COMEDY CENTRAL Stand-Up,’ featuring video and audio from today’s hottest comedians;
- ’The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,’ featuring fresh highlights and interviews from this Emmy-Award winning fake news series;
- ’Jump Cuts,’ a collection of cutting-edge claymation, live action and animation shorts from up-and-coming filmmakers;
- ’South Park,’ the Emmy-Award winning show, soon to begin its tenth season and the network’s highest rated series; and
- ’What’s On,’ highlighting hot programming airing on COMEDY CENTRAL.
- MTV Radio offers chart-topping hits from the hip-hop, rock, pop and indie worlds as well as exclusive interviews, concerts and celebrity play lists from MTV and MTV2 artists;
- Music, showcasing MTV’s music franchises, including ’Advance Warning,’ ’A.D.D. Bio’ and ’First Ladies,’ as well as full-length music videos;
- Shows, including select clips from current and upcoming programs such as ’The Real World: Key West,’ ’Made,’ ’Wildboyz,’ ’The Shop,’ ’Wild ’N Out,’ ’Run’s House,’ and ’Punk’d;’ clips from past MTV shows including ’Beavis & Butt-Head’ and ’Viva La Bam’ and upcoming original live-action and animated made-for-mobile series;
- MTV News, featuring made-for-mobile stories and artist interviews;
- Movies, showcasing trailers, interviews with the Hollywood stars and behind-the-scenes action of the blockbusters; and
- Games, featuring insider tips and tricks, as well as behind-the-scenes makings of new titles, developer interviews and sneak previews of upcoming titles.
- VH1 Radio, featuring streaming stations dedicated to soul/R&B, pop, modern rock and hip-hop;
- VH1 Music, with interviews and videos from today’s hottest artists like Green Day, Matchbox Twenty and Jewel;
- VH1 Classic, with artist interviews and videos from the cable channel of the same name;
- ’Best Week Ever,’ featuring daily video clips from VH1’s hit show that provides a review of the most entertaining news and pop culture;
- ’Celebreality,’ featuring highlights from VH1’s hottest celebreality shows like, ’Celebrity Fit Club,’ ’Flavor of Love’ and ’The Surreal Life;’
- VH1 Shows, a collection of "shorts" from VH1 series including ’Web Junk 20,’ ’Fab Life’ and ’All Access’ series; and
- VH1 News, featuring timely music and celebrity news and interviews.
Sprint is a data services company in the content and media distribution business committed to delivering a seamless experience that gives customers the power to connect, share and access information instantly on a mobile phone. As wireless technology, consumer electronics and entertainment converge, Sprint is leading the industry through innovative applications, differentiated content and connectivity to consumers and businesses anywhere, anytime and always on. By using their mobile phone as a source for information, communications, personalization and entertainment, Sprint customers can realize the power of the "third screen."
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of communications services bringing mobility to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks offering industry leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.