November 16, 2007
BlackBerry(r) Pearl 8130 Fact Sheet
- Form factor: Sleek, thin design with trackball navigation and Suretype keypad -
- Dimensions: 4.2” x 1.9” x 0.6”
- Weight: 3.4 ounces
- Memory: 32 MB of RAM / 64 MB ROM (can increase by 4GB with microSD card)
- Digital Dual-band: CDMA 1XRTT/EV-DO Rev. 0 (1900 MHz and 800 MHz)
- Data: Sprint EV-DO (Rev. 0) and 1XRTT
- GPS: Built-in capabilities (assisted, autonomous and simultaneous)
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM6550
- Battery Specifications: Standard Li-Ion (900 mAh)
- Bright, energy-efficient screen: Vibrant TFT display with 65K colors and 240 x 260 resolution
- Sprint Mobile Broadband with Power Vision: Experience EV-DO Rev. 0 data speeds averaging up to 400-700 kbps and peak speeds up to 2.0 Mbps when accessing Sprint Power Vision services and content. Supported Power Vision applications include:
- Sprint Music StoreSM: Download stereo-quality tracks instantly over the air. Choose songs from thousands of artists in virtually every genre.
- Sprint TV: Sprint Power Vision allows you to watch live TV – from channels you know - on the go with full-motion video and vivid sound at broadband-like speeds
- On-Demand: Retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button. Available only from Sprint.
- BlackBerry Push Technology: Receive email and data automatically sent to your device. Supports up to 10 business and/or personal email accounts.
- Phone as Modem (PAM): Take advantage of Sprint Mobile Broadband on your laptop by using the device as a wireless modem (USB cable included). Appropriate service plan required.
- 2 MP Megapixel Camera/Camcorder: 2 MP camera with 5X digital zoom and video capture.
- GPS Capability: Whether you need turn-by-turn driving directions or a smarter way to manage your mobile travel needs, Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) solutions can help get it done. Includes support for:
- Sprint Navigation: Delivers voice-guided and on-screen turn-by-turn GPS-enabled driving directions, 3-D moving maps similar to an in-car navigation system or personal navigation device, as well as local search and real-time intelligent traffic alerts and one-click rerouting, anywhere on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
- BlackBerry Maps: Allows users to find businesses, restaurants, concert venues and other important locations by entering addresses and viewing locations on maps and receive step-by-step written directions.
- External microSD Expansion Slot: Add memory for larger work files – presentations, reports, documents or transfer music, photos, and video from your desktop, or load additional games and applications. Cards up to 4GB supported; sold separately.
- Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (v.2.0 with stereo support): When used with your Sprint PCS Phone and compatible Bluetooth-enabled accessories, Bluetooth allows fast, secure transmission without cables or wires, even though the two devices are not in line-of-sight. Compatible Bluetooth-enabled wireless accessories sold separately.
- Downloadable Applications: Includes the Sprint PCS Software Store provided by Handmark®, an on-device software catalog enabling wireless downloads on-the-go. Customers can find, download and buy software, games, ring tones, graphics and other Windows Mobile Pocket PC applications simply and securely. Additional titles are available from the desktop PC at http://softwarestore.sprint.com
- Built-In speakerphone: Hands-free operation made easy
- Media Player: Features a media player with stereo headset jack so users can play downloaded music, video, audio files, pictures and ringtones.
- Voice Command and Voice Activated Dialing: Built-in speaker independent voice command allows users to look up contacts, place phone calls and access key information from the device.
- Integrated Attachment Viewing: Download, view and edit Word and Excel compatible files; rehearse PowerPoint presentations anywhere; consult important PDFs on the go.
- Productivity Tools: View and update your calendar, schedule appointments, checks your task list and more while you're on the go. Also includes a calculator, alarm clock and memo pad.
- Full-Featured Phone: including dedicated “send” and “end” keys, a built-in speakerphone, Bluetooth capability for wireless headsets and car kits, and support for polyphonic ring tones.
For more information visit www.sprint.com/pearl