September 20, 2006
FACT SHEET: Blackberry® 8703e™ Powered by Sprint
- Form factor: Sleek, lightweight form factor
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 2.7 x 0.8 Weight: 4.7 ounces
- Memory: 64 MB of RAM
- Digital Dual-band: CDMA (1900mHz and 800 MHz)
- Data: Sprint EV-DO and 1XRTT CDMA
- GPS: built in capability
- Web Browser: BlackBerry v4.1
- Battery Specifications: Standard Lithium Ion battery
- Talk time: Up to 3.3 hours continuous digital talk time
- Full QWERTY keypad: Ergonomic, full QWERTY keypad for a familiar typing and data entry experience
- Large, full-color screen: Vibrant 2.1” x 1.5” TFT display with 65K colors and exceptional 320 x 240 resolution
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Enabled: High-speed data services operate on the Sprint Power VisionSM Network – the nation's largest mobile broadband network. The BlackBerry 8703e seamlessly operates on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Sprint Power Vision Network.
- BlackBerry “Push” Technology: Receive email and data automatically sent to your handset.
- Email: Supports up to 10 business and personal email accounts.
- Phone as Modem: Take advantage of Sprint Mobile Broadband on your laptop by using the handset as a wireless modem (USB cable included).
- GPS capability: Whether you need turn-by-turn driving directions or a smarter way to manage your mobile travel needs, Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) solutions can help get it done. GPS location-based safety services like Telenav delivers audible turn-by-turn driving directions to any address, anywhere on the Sprint Nationwide Network.
- Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology: Bluetooth allows fast, secure transmission without cables or wires, even though the two devices are not in line-of-sight. Bluetooth wireless accessories sold separately. NOTE: This device does not support Bluetooth Dial-Up-Networking.
- Integrated Attachment Viewing: Download and view Word and Excel compatible files; rehearse PowerPoint presentations anywhere; consult important PDFs on the go.
- Configurable Backlight: Configure the display for any setting, light or dark.
- Productivity Tools: View and update your calendar, schedule appointments, check your task list and more while you're on the go. Also includes a calculator, alarm clock and memo pad.
- Full-Featured Phone: including dedicated "send," "end," and "mute" keys, plus user definable convenience keys, a built-in speakerphone, Bluetooth capability for wireless headsets and car kits, and 24 built-in ring tones.
- Built-In speakerphone: Hands-free operation made easy
- TTY Compatible: This phone connects to a TTY device, allowing anyone who is hearing impaired the ability to communicate.
- Downloadable Applications: Easy access to third-party software titles developed for BlackBerry on the Sprint PCS Software Store at http://softwarestore.sprint.com.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.