April 27, 2011
Give Mom a Gift She Really Wants This Mother’s Day – The Ability to Stay Connected Without Breaking the Bank
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), April 27, 2011 - Today's moms are constantly busy running to work, dropping the kids off at school or soccer practice, attending piano recitals and simply managing busy households. Sprint (NYSE:S) helps customers find the perfect gift for Mother's Day (May 8) with affordable and feature-rich phones, with access to thousands of applications, that would make any mom proud.
“Sprint’s portfolio of fashionable devices make it easy for moms to stay connected with their offices, families, car pool partners, kids’ activities and anyone else they need to keep in touch with throughout the day to keep their busy lives on track,” said Sean Khurana, Sprint vice president of product marketing. “With our affordable devices and rate plans, moms don’t have to worry about data plan overages. They can also make the most of their downtime with powerful tools loaded on our devices, including Sprint ID packs, which simplify the Android experience.”
From the multi-tasker to the eco-conscious to the budget-focused mom, Sprint and its no contract brands make keeping in touch worry-free with affordable messaging-centric devices that won’t break the bank, including:
- Samsung Replenish™: Available on Mother’s Day, Sprint’s fourth eco-friendly phone, Samsung Replenish, is a feature-rich Android smartphone. Made with a casing that includes 34.6 percent post-consumer recycled plastic content (the highest level in our eco-portfolio) and 82 percent recyclable materials, Samsung Replenish is available in three color options – Onyx Black, Arctic Blue and Raspberry Pink (available in June). Samsung Replenish is enabled with Sprint ID, an easy way for mom to personalize her phone with apps, widgets, ringtones and more all in a single download, and will be available for just $49.99 (excluding taxes) with a two-year service agreement and new-line activation or eligible upgrade. And for a limited time, Sprint is waiving the $10 monthly premium data add-on charge for Samsung Replenish to make it an even easier decision to select an eco-friendly phone and save some green.
- Kyocera Echo™: The ability to do two things at once seems to be every mom’s dream. Make mom’s dreams come true by giving her Kyocera Echo, the nation’s first dual-touchscreen Android device. Kyocera Echo’s dual-screen technology provides the ability to do two things at the same time to help mom get more done – watch a video on one screen then text on the other, comparison shop online with one website on each screen and so much more. Available for $199.99 (excludes taxes) with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade.
- LG Optimus S™: For the stylish mom who wants the ultimate in personalization on her mobile phone, LG Optimus S offers Sprint ID, allowing her to download a complete mobile experience, called an “ID pack” – including apps, widgets, ringtones, wallpapers and shortcuts – tailored to her specific interests or favorite brands in a single download. LG Optimus S is currently available in Purple and Charcoal for $19.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab™: Ideal for the mom-on-the-go, Samsung Galaxy Tab is the perfect combination of an e-reader, media player and mini-PC. To make staying connected with family faster and easier, Samsung Galaxy Tab includes Samsung Social Hub, designed to integrate social networking services, messages, personal and business email, calendars and contacts. Moms with Samsung Galaxy Tab can take advantage of Sprint ID, simplifying their experience of finding apps they’ll enjoy. Galaxy Tab is available for $199.99 (taxes not included) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement on a 3G Tablet Mobile Broadband plan.
- Samsung Restore™ from Virgin Mobile: As Virgin Mobile’s first eco-friendly, no contract device, Samsung Restore™ is perfect for the tech savvy, yet eco-friendly mom who needs monthly flexibility in a cell phone plan. Restore’s casing includes post-consumer recycled plastic and 83 percent of the phone is recyclable. Samsung Restore is available for just $79.99 (taxes and surcharges excluded) with no annual contract on one of Virgin Mobile’s Beyond Talk™ unlimited data plans starting at $25 per month.
- Samsung Galaxy Prevail™ from Boost Mobile: This year give mom the gift of flexibility with the new Samsung Galaxy Prevail which combines all the features of Android with Boost Mobile’s no-contract $50 Monthly Unlimited offer. This plan includes nationwide talk, text, Web, e-mail and payments that shrink. Available on April 29 for $179.99 (excludes taxes) at Boost Mobile’s exclusive retail stores, select independent wireless dealer locations across the country and at www.boostmobile.com with free shipping.
Make Mom’s Life Easier with Sprint ID
Moms with a Sprint ID-capable device (Samsung Replenish, LG Optimus S™, Sanyo Zio™, Samsung Transform™, Samsung Epic™ 4G and Samsung Galaxy Tab™) can get a variety of useful apps on their Android device delivered in a single download. Moms can have up to five ID packs on their device at once such as : HSN (shop on the go); Fashion & Beauty (keep up to date with the latest fashion trends and celebrity gossip); Entertainment (features games, music and news apps); Health & Fitness (stay in shape with healthy recipes and exercise tips); and Green ID (get tips on how to live a greener lifestyle and make the planet better for your kids’ future). Sprint ID packs are free to download with an Everything Data plan.
Sprint devices offer access to thousands of apps – from Android Market™, BlackBerry App World™ or GetJar.com – that can help moms stay organized, count calories, compare prices, find local businesses, keep up with breaking news and much more. Here are a few popular and free apps available today through Android Market:
- Cozi Family Organizer: Manage the family schedule and lists on the go with this free family calendar. Keep your family organized with a shared calendar, shopping lists, to-do lists and a family journal.
- Grocery Smart: Create your own shopping list on the Web or mobile phone and view or update later from your phone. Multiple users can contribute to a single list so you never forget anything at the store again. You can also load your loyalty cards so instead of taking up room in your wallet or key ring, you can scan the barcode right from your phone to get discounts at your favorite stores.
- Springpad: Springpad makes it easy to save ideas and info you want to remember. Save notes, tasks or lists; scan product barcodes; take photos or geolocate businesses nearby.
- Amazon.com: Allows mom to quickly search, shop, compare prices, read reviews and make purchases on Amazon.com using a simple interface. Amazon customers have full access to their existing cart, wish lists, payment and Amazon shipping options and order history.
- E! Online: It’s never been easier to access the breaking entertainment news, photos and videos of your favorite celebrities that you can’t live without.
- ScanLife Barcode Reader: ScanLife turns your camera phone into an all-in-one bar code reader that can scan QR Codes and UPC Codes found on products. Scan barcodes from products like DVDs, books and food to see comparison pricing, reviews and nutritional information. You can even buy the product right from Amazon or more than 25 other retailers.
- USA Today News: Read breaking news while on the go and keep up with the weather, sports, technology, the economy and entertainment news.
- Poynt: A local search app that lets you find and connect with businesses, movies, restaurants, people and events near you whenever and wherever you need them. Poynt allows you to interact with your search through placing calls to businesses, mapping directions, viewing showtimes and movie trailers or reserving a table at a local restaurant.
- Fast Food Calorie Counter: Trying to reconcile your diet with your love for fast food? With this handy fast food restaurant nutrition guide, you can keep your diet on track when you have to eat on the run!
Give the Gift of Unlimited
Mom will be sure to smile when she hears about the savings she receives by switching to Sprint. The Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited text, Web and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint network, starting at just $69.99 per month plus required $10 Premium Data add-on charge for smartphones – a savings of $39.99 per month vs. Verizon’s comparable plan with unlimited talk, text and Web.*
The Sprint Simply Everything Plan offers more value and simplicity than most other wireless carriers because it is the only plan from a national carrier to offer truly unlimited service while on the Sprint network for every phone without the worry of throttling or overage. The Simply Everything Plan delivers unlimited text, Web and calling and includes email, social networking, GPS Navigation, TV and radio while on the Sprint 3G and 4G networks for $99.99 per month, plus a required $10 Premium Data add-on charge for smartphones. For more information visit sprint.com/unlimited.
Moms can worry no more as Sprint customers get more with unlimited data plans on the Sprint network. Sprint offers real simplicity, value and savings vs. other national competitors, making it easy for customers to get the most out of their phones without using a calculator to tally up costs, worry about how much data they’ve used, or whether their data will be slowed.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 49.9 million customers at the end of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
*Plan pricing excludes taxes and surcharges