November 29, 2010
Give the Gift of Apps with Sprint ID-Capable Devices; 4G Speed with HTC EVO 4G or Samsung Epic 4G; or No Contract with Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile Devices
Know someone who would find apps helpful in their daily life but are overwhelmed searching 100,000+ apps in Android Market? Give a Sprint ID device that can automatically load their phone with apps, widgets, ringtones and more to fit their lifestyle with one click
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), November 29, 2010 - Sprint (NYSE:S) has a device for everyone on your shopping list this holiday season. For the tech-savvy, early adopter who would love 4G speed, Sprint offers the nation’s first 4G phones – HTC EVO™ 4G and Samsung Epic™ 4G. For those new to smartphones, the affordable Sprint ID-capable Android devices are sure to please, as they personalize your recipients’ phone with apps tailored specifically to their interests. If you’d prefer to give a no-contract phone as a gift, Sprint’s prepaid brands Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile offer everything from smartphones to QWERTY devices.
Want to give your favorite golfer, auto enthusiast, celebrity watcher, fitness fanatic, fashionista, gamer or business professional a phone loaded with the content they’ll love? Sprint ID makes it easy to personalize their phone by allowing the user to download an “ID” with one simple click that will automatically load their phone with the apps, widgets, ringtones and wallpaper that will fit their lifestyle.
Sprint ID devices do more than simply make great gifts – if you buy one for yourself or already own one, download the following Sprint IDs, which are loaded with apps that can help your holiday go more smoothly – including finding recipes, playing holiday music, helping with travel, and shopping for gifts.
Up to five IDs can be downloaded per phone. A few IDs perfect for the holidays include:
- Home Base: Apps include Big Oven (featuring 170,000+ recipes – can help make the perfect holiday meal); Key Ring (load your loyalty cards so they’re not on your key ring or taking up room in your wallet and save money while holiday grocery shopping); E! Online (get your celebrity gossip fix while waiting at baggage claim); Pandora (listen to your favorite holiday tunes wherever you are); ShopSavvy (check items off your holiday gift list – scan the barcode of any product and it will search for all the best prices from local and online retailers); Springpad (being busy around the holidays can lead to forgetfulness – this app allows you to save notes, tasks or lists); Exercise TV (work off those holiday calories – everyday, you’ll get a new free, full-length workout video).
- WHERE ID: Perfect for traveling to a new city to visit family during the holidays. WHERE enables people to discover the world around them and feel like a local, even when traveling, by recommending local information, places and events; also helps people save money by providing location based coupons and cheapest gas stations. With WHERE’s Placebook feature users can easily store information on their favorite places, make notes about those places and more. The WHERE pack allows people to find everything from weather, news and restaurant reviews to the closest coffee shop, traffic updates, movie show times and offers from local merchants.
- Health and Fitness: Healthy eating is thrown out the window during the holidays. Don’t fret. This pack can help you get back on track come Jan. 1. Apps include Diet Watcher Cookbook (search for millions of recipes, lists nutritional facts); Fast Food Calorie Counter; Cardio Trainer (training partner for running, cycling, hiking, and other fitness activities); Yoga Trainer Lite; Exercise TV; Help your mind stay fit, too, with such games as Sudoku and Brain Strain 2 Lite.
- Fashion & Beauty: Look your best at this season’s holiday parties! TrendTracker (keep track of the latest runway looks, fashion news, trend ideas); TMZ & E! Online (breaking celeb news); OI Shopping List (create shopping lists, to-do lists, party guest lists); ShopSavvy; Fashion News (fashion news, trends, deals, coupons); Barcode Scanner (scan product barcodes, look up prices and reviews).
- Socially Connected: Don’t lose touch with friends and family during the busy holiday season. This ID delivers a customized experience for keeping you connected with friends on-the-go. Features Facebook, Twitter apps and more, creating the ultimate starting point for your own, multitasking, socially connected mobile package.
Sprint ID is free to download for customers on Sprint’s Everything Data plans and available on three value-priced Android smartphones: LG Optimus S™ $49.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade; Sanyo Zio™ $49.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate and a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade; and Samsung Transform™ $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate and a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade (prices exclude taxes). Check www.sprint.com/holiday for other great holiday deals on Sprint devices. To learn more about Sprint ID, visit www.sprint.com/sprintid.
Take a walk into Sprint’s 4G wonderland and spread holiday cheer with one of these blazing-fast, award-winning 4G devices from Sprint – perfect for your gift-giving needs:
- HTC EVO 4G – Making Santa’s nice list has never been easier when you share the Internet with your family and friends with HTC EVO’s mobile hotspot capability, which provides connectivity for up to eight Wi-Fi devices. America’s first 4G phone allows you to instantly capture and share the holiday moments with EVO’s 8-megapixel camera. HTC EVO 4G is available in white or black for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate and a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade on an Everything Plan with data with Premium Data add-on (prices exclude taxes). Mobile Hotspot service is an optional add-on.
- Samsung Epic 4G – Twinkling holiday lights can’t compete with Samsung Epic’s bright 4-inch Super-AMOLED screen, providing HD-quality like movies so you can view all your holiday classics even on-the-go. Perfect for the gamer on your list, with a six-axis sensor for the ultimate in gaming control. Samsung Epic is $249.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate and a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade on an Everything Plan with data with Premium Data add-on (prices exclude taxes).
- Access the Internet while on the go at blazing 4G speeds with Sprint’s 3G/4G mobile broadband devices: capable of connecting up to five devices via the Overdrive™ mobile hotspot by Sierra Wireless, or your laptop with the U600 USB or 250U USB from Sierra Wireless. For more information on Sprint 4G, visit www.sprint.com/4g.
For those looking to ring in the holiday season without the fear of commitment, Sprint also offers the option of prepaid wireless service with something for everyone on your holiday list. If you are walking in a winter wonderland while talking and texting on your mobile phone, then the Boost Mobile $50 Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage offer is the way to stay in touch with your family and friends and still have money left over for plenty of stocking stuffers. Virgin Mobile’s Beyond Talk plans will help you spread holiday cheer on Facebook® and Twitter and share photos of favorite holiday festivities with friends and family – with unlimited data starting for just $25/month. Boost Mobile Monthly Unlimited and Virgin Mobile Beyond Talk customers can also protect their new phones with phone insurance for $5 per month.
- Blackberry ® Curve 8530™ – Whether you have been naughty or nice this smartphone gift idea is a steal. The Blackberry Curve 8530 is available now from both Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile for just $199.99.
- Samsung Intercept ™ – Open a Samsung Intercept™ from Virgin Mobile this holiday and receive access to thousands of available applications in Android Market for a truly customizable experience. Priced at just $249.99, the Samsung Intercept ™ is the gift that keeps on giving with style and affordability.
- LG Rumor Touch ™ – Make it easy for the text messengers in your life to stay in touch this holiday with the LG Rumor Touch™ from Virgin Mobile. Available for $149.99, this handset should make the avid texter jolly this holiday.
- Samsung Seek™ – Boost Mobile’s first touch-screen device with a slide-out QWERTY keypad, the Seek for $149.99 will impress any tech enthusiast on your gift-giving list this year.
- Sanyo Incognito $99 – Priced at just $99, the Incognito from Boost Mobile combines a QWERTY flip with 3G capabilities that would make even Scrooge smile this holiday season.
Visit www.sprint.com/holiday for more information on incredible holiday offerings from Sprint.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 48.8 million customers at the end of the third quarter of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Common Cents Mobile and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
Amy Johnsonbaugh, 949-748-3389