March 23, 2010
HTC EVO™ 4G Fact Sheet
The ultimate multimedia experience at Sprint 4G speeds
The world’s first 3G/4G Android handset, exclusively from Sprint, HTC EVO™ 4G, offers a rich mobile Internet experience with a fully integrated suite of services built on the AndroidTM 2.1 platform. HTC EVO 4G includes a blazing-fast 1GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor, the award-winning HTC SenseTM user experience, an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera. The large vibrant 4.3 inch display, built-in kickstand, 3.5 mm headset jack and HDMI output make HTC EVO 4G an unparalleled platform for wireless entertainment. Download music, pictures, files, or videos in seconds – not minutes – and watch streaming video on the go on a network with download speeds that are up to 10 times faster than 3G speeds.1 With built-in mobile hotspot functionality, HTC EVO 4G also allows up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices, including laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device, to enjoy the benefits of 4G speeds on the go.
- 3G/4G capability
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ QSD8650 (1GHz) processor
- 4.3” capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- World-class HTML browser – bandwidth and quality that rival that of netbooks
- Android 2.1, with access to more than 30,000 apps on Android Market
- GoogleTM mobile services including Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, Google TalkTM, GmailTM, YouTubeTM , and syncs with Google CalendarTM
- Access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words
- Sprint Navigation, with turn-by-turn driving directions and 3D maps
- Updated HTC Sense, award-winning user experience, which includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates
- Visual voicemail
- Messaging – personal and business email, IM and text messaging
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
- 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
- 8MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash and 1.3MP front-facing camera
- High-quality video streaming and downloads at 3G and 4G data speeds
- Capture and share HD-quality video (720p) from your phone
- Output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (720p) via HDMI cable (sold separately)
- Live video sharing with Qik
- Built-in kickstand for hands-free viewing
- Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- FM radio and Amazon MP3 store
- Sprint applications including Sprint TV® and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile(SM)
- Bluetooth® 2.1 with A2DP Stereo and EDR
- Built-in WiFi®: 802.11 b/g
- Digital compass, G-Sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPS
- Expandable memory: 8GB microSD card included; supports up to 32GB
- Dimensions: 4.8" x 2.6" x .5" (LxWxT)
- Weight: 6 ounces
- Main display: 4.3” WVGA (800x480) 65K colors
- Standard removable 1500mAh Lithium (Li-on) battery
- Memory: 1GB ROM, 512MB RAM
1 “Up to 10x faster” based on download speed comparison of 3G’s 600 kbps vs. 4G’s 6 Mbps. Industry published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary. Sprint 4G currently available in over 25 markets and counting, and on select devices. See www.sprint.com/4G for details. Not all services available on 4G and coverage may default to 3G/separate network where 4G unavailable.
Note: Device features, specifications, services and applications are subject to change.