A tough phone that can withstand extreme environments and immersion
Motorola Brute™ i686 is designed for those who work in the most extreme conditions and need an equally tough and feature-rich phone. It has all the features Nextel customers have come to depend on, including the best-in-class push-to-talk capabilities of Nextel Direct Connect, support for business applications and Mil-Spec durability. Motorola Brute i686 meets Military Specification 810G for dust, shock, vibration, low temperature, high temperature, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, blowing rain and immersion1
. It may be immersed into up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes when the battery door is attached properly, and the headset jack and micro-USB connector are properly covered and sealed. This rugged phone also offers a rubberized housing with a non-slip grip and is the ideal phone for anyone who will encounter extreme conditions. Motorola Brute i686 incorporates a 2-megapixel camera with flash, SMS and MMS messaging, large internal and external color display, GPS
(Global Positioning System), large battery, music and stereo Bluetooth®
. It also offers the ability to switch from an active push-to-talk call to an interconnect voice call for longer conversations.
NEXTEL DIRECT CONNECT:
· Direct Connect® for instant, one-to-one push-to-talk communication nationwide with any other Nextel Direct Connect subscriber
· Group Connect® to communicate or coordinate activities with up to 20 other Nextel Direct Connect subscribers all at once – nationwide
· International Direct ConnectSM lets you instantly connect from the United States to users in other eligible countries, including Canada and Mexico, and lets you make and receive push-to-talk calls while travelling in those countries
· Direct TalkSM offers a reliable backup all-digital, off-network, push-to-talk service that works anywhere, anytime between compatible phones for short-range communications (range will vary based on terrain and conditions and in-building performance)
· Direct SendSM sends pictures or contact information to other Direct Send-capable phones using the Direct Connect button
· Group Messaging to send messages to groups of up to 20 people at the same time
· NextMail® lets you send voice messages to any email address to document and track activity using the Direct Connect button
· 2MP camera with video capture capabilities, flash and up to 4x zoom
· Multimedia messaging (either audio, images, text, or all three in the same message) to or from email addresses and other capable users, and wirelessly store multimedia on the Sprint Web site
· Supports up to 8 GB MicroSD card (not included)
· GPS with GPS Tagging of photos
· Pre-loaded applications: TeleNav Navigation, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile and Sprint Football Live
· Advanced Stereo Bluetooth® Wireless Technology3
· Dimensions: 3.92 (h) x 2.09 (w) x 1.02 inch (d) and (99.5 mm x 53mm x 26 mm)
· Weight: 5.6 ounces (158.8 grams)
· Internal Display: 2.2-inch (55.9 mm), 176x220 65K TFT
· External Display: 1.3-inch (33 mm), 120x160, 65K TFT
· Battery Specifications: Lithium-ion 1750 mAh
· Talk Time: up to 350 minutes2
1 Product meets or exceeds MilSpec 810G for blowing rain, humidity, solar radiation, high and low temperatures, dust, salt fog, shock, vibration, pressure, and immersion. Device may be immersed into up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes when battery door is attached properly, and the headset jack and micro-USB connector are properly covered and sealed. WARNING: Exposing your phone to water outside of these limits, or not using the precautions stated, can result in water damage.
2 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, select features, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
This device supports Bluetooth 2.1 (A2DP, HSP, HFP) profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. Not all Bluetooth features may be supported by all compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. Visit http://www.motorola.com/bluetoothconnect
for more details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.