March 20, 2008
Myspace Mobile Now Accessible To Sprint Customers On All Web-Enabled Sprint Phones
Sprint Is First U.S. Carrier to Provide Direct Access to New MySpace Mobile Site with Enhanced Feature Set Announcement Marks Official Launch of MySpace Mobile Website
LOS ANGELES and OVERLAND PARK, Kan.—March 20, 2008—MySpace, the world's most popular social network, and Sprint (NYSE: S), the nation's wireless leader in providing innovative mobile data content to its customers, today announced the launch of MySpace Mobile on all Web-enabled Sprint phones. The launch marks the first free direct access to the new MySpace Mobile website on a U.S. wireless carrier, allowing Sprint data subscribers a fast track to their MySpace profiles on their phones.
As part of MySpace's ongoing effort to offer users a rich and meaningful mobile experience on the go, MySpace has partnered with Sprint to provide customers direct access to MySpace Mobile's innovative tool set, including the ability to edit MySpace profiles, view and add friends, post blogs and bulletins, send and receive MySpace messages, and much more – all from their Sprint phone.
This announcement also marks the official launch of MySpace's Mobile website, available via any mobile device at (http://m.myspace.com). The new version of MySpace Mobile features a rich graphical design, a revamped email interface and other new features. The site, previously in beta, has seen more than one million unique visitors per day since its release in September.
“Mobile is the next generation of social networking,” said Brandon Lucas, senior director of mobile business development for MySpace. “Our partnership with Sprint makes it easier and faster for customers to get the most out of MySpace when they're on the go.”
To access MySpace Mobile on Sprint, customers now can simply open the Web on their phone, select Messaging and click on the MySpace Mobile link to get instant access to their profile.
“Bringing popular social networking communities to Sprint phones allows Sprint customers to keep up with their busy social lives whenever and wherever they want to,” said Kevin Packingham, vice president of wireless product management for Sprint. “Sprint is excited to be working with the leading social networking site to meet our customers' desire for fast, easy mobile access to their MySpace profiles.”
The rich feature set for MySpace Mobile on Sprint phones includes:
- Reading, composing and replying to Mail Sprint customers don't have to wait until they are in front of a computer to read and reply to their MySpace messages. From their Sprint phones, they have the ability to send messages to their MySpace friends, read and reply to messages sent to them, as well as view and manage friend requests.
- Viewing Photo Albums MySpace Mobile allows Sprint customers to view their MySpace photo albums by simply clicking “My Photos” from the MySpace Mobile Home screen.
- Viewing Friends Sprint customers can view their own friends or their friends' friends by clicking on the friend list of any MySpace profile. Each friend page displays a profile picture, mood and status and additional information that the user provided.
- Searching for Friends MySpace Mobile allows Sprint customers to search for people by entering their email address, and to send them friend invites with one click. Customers will also have the ability to look through invites that are pending approval.
- Posting Comments or Blog Entries MySpace Mobile allows Sprint customers to post new blog entries and make comments to other users' blogs or MySpace profile pages. To post a blog or comment, Sprint customers simply click on “My Blog” from the MySpace Home screen, and then click “Post New Blog” to create the entry. Users can save their work at any time, and any information entered will update both the mobile and online MySpace profile pages.
MySpace Mobile on Sprint complements the leading social networking site's current mobile offerings, which include mobile alerts and premium applications on devices offered in the U.S. by Sprint and other carriers.
In December, Sprint and Fox Interactive Media (FIM) first announced plans for all of FIM's mobile sites to be distributed to Sprint subscribers in an on-portal experience. Sprint and FIM have worked closely over the past several years to deliver the Web's most dynamic content to mobile consumers. Currently, Sprint distributes content from all of FIM's leading sites, including FOXSports.com, IGN, Photobucket and the network of MyFOX local sites.
Unlimited mobile Web use, including the new MySpace Mobile, is included at no additional charge in Sprint's new $99 Simply Everything plan, which features unlimited calling, messaging and data. For Sprint customers on other calling plans, data packs included unlimited mobile Web use start at $15 per month. Casual usage charges apply to mobile Web use for customers without a data pack.
MySpace, a unit of Fox Interactive Media Inc., is the premier lifestyle portal for connecting with friends, discovering popular culture, and making a positive impact on the world. By integrating web profiles, blogs, instant messaging, e-mail, music streaming, music videos, photo galleries, classified listings, events, groups, college communities, and member forums, MySpace has created a connected community. As the first ranked web domain in terms of page views (*), MySpace is the most widely-used and highly regarded site of its kind and is committed to providing the highest quality member experience. MySpace will continue to innovate with new features that allow its members to express their creativity and share their lives, both online and off. MySpace's international network includes localized community sites in the United States, France, Germany, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Switzerland, Austria, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, Japan, Sweden, Latin America, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Brazil and the United Kingdom. Fox Interactive Media is a division of News Corp. (NYSE:NWS) (NYSE:NWS.A) (ASX:NWS) (ASX:NWSLV).
(*) Among the top 2000 domains comScore Media Metrix, February 2007. For more information on comScore Networks, please go to http://www.comscore.com
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving approximately 54 million customers at the end of 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
MySpace Tracy Akselrud 310-969-2813 email@example.com
Sprint Emmy Anderson 913-707-0618 firstname.lastname@example.org