April 01, 2008
New Sanyo Pro-200 and Pro-700 Devices Give Sprint Customers Industry-Leading Push-to-Talk Plus Sprint Mobile Broadband
|For high-resolution images, visit www.sprint.com/presskits and view the CTIA 2008 press kit.|
Expansion of fastest national push-to-talk network and largest community of users to exciting new Sprint phones gives customers more ways to get things done instantly with 'the button'
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 1, 2008--Sprint (NYSE:S) announced today the upcoming launch of two new Nextel Direct Connect(R) devices, the Sanyo Pro-200 and the Sanyo Pro-700. These new Nextel Direct Connect devices will expand the reach of the industry-leading Nextel Direct Connect push-to-talk (PTT) service and will incorporate the speed of Sprint Mobile Broadband and Sprint's largest voice calling area. These new devices are expected to be available for purchase through the Sprint direct sales force in limited markets later this month, giving customers a wider selection of phones to instantly meet their productivity needs with connection in less than one second to millions of existing Nextel Direct Connect subscribers.
"Sprint customers rely on Nextel Direct Connect for instant communication at the push of a button, allowing them to do more, faster," said John Garcia, chief marketing officer for Sprint. "Now Sprint is giving customers the ability to be even more productive with the industry-leading performance of Nextel Direct Connect, plus the speed of Sprint Mobile Broadband and a larger voice calling area. Sprint is proud to build on the 15-year leadership of Nextel Direct Connect with this exciting evolution of the portfolio, featuring the sub-second connectivity to millions of users that our customers depend on."
Powered by Qualcomm's QChat(R) technology, these new Nextel Direct Connect devices will continue to provide industry-leading performance, while operating on the Rev. A portions of the Sprint Mobile Broadband network (except in Puerto Rico). Compared to other providers, Sprint's expanded Nextel Direct Connect portfolio will continue to offer significantly faster call set-up times of less than one second and one-to-one interoperability with the world's largest established push-to-talk community. Features available on these handsets will continue to include:
- Direct Connect(R): Instant one-to-one push-to-talk communication that is interoperable with the millions of existing Nextel Direct Connect subscribers. Direct Connect provides the call set-up times of less than one second that customers have come to rely on to boost productivity and save time and money.
- Group Connect(R): Unique one-to-many capability of Group Connect that helps customers quickly communicate with up to 20 other Nextel Direct Connect users accessing the same QChat technology all at once. Group Connect groups can be created and managed dynamically on the device or online. At this time, not all devices in the Nextel Direct Connect suite of services are capable of offering interoperable Group Connect services.
- Call Alerts: Subscribers will continue to be able to send a repeating PTT Alert to let another Nextel Direct Connect subscriber know they are trying to reach them.
In addition, with these new devices, customers will have the ability to take advantage of Sprint's largest voice calling area and the blazing data speeds of Sprint Mobile Broadband. Sprint Mobile Broadband brings customers instant gratification so they can get what they want when they want it, with ultra-fast file downloads, Web browsing, email access and more. The vast majority of Sprint's Mobile Broadband Network has been upgraded to EV-DO Rev. A technology, providing users ultra-fast speeds on the nation's largest mobile broadband network (based on covered square miles). The Sprint Mobile Broadband Network (inclusive of data roaming) reaches more than 242 million people, 15,325 cities and 1,452 airports.
Other new features exclusive to the new Sanyo Pro-200 and Pro-700 phones will include:
- Single number option: If they wish, most customers can choose the simplicity of having one phone number for voice and push-to-talk calls on the Sanyo Pro-200 and Pro-700. If preferred, all Nextel Direct Connect subscribers can opt to have a separate Direct Connect number.
- DC Permissions: Customers will have the ability to block/allow incoming one-to-one push-to-talk calls and Call Alerts with the Sanyo Pro-200 and Pro-700 phones.*
- PTT Missed Call Notification: - When on a Nextel Direct Connect call, customers will receive a notification if they miss a push-to-talk call, Call Alert or Group call.
- Call Alerts with Text: With the new Call Alerts with Text feature, customers can attach one of several preset text messages, such as "Please stop by," to Call Alerts sent to other Sanyo Pro-200 and Pro-700 users.*
- Sprint(R) Mobile Sync: This easy-to-use online tool lets customers manage all of their contact information online, including setting up groups for PTT and text/voice messaging. Additionally, this feature automatically synchronizes with the phone, allowing for easier entry, easier access and full secure backup of contacts. Contacts will automatically transfer if the customer moves to another Sprint Mobile Sync-capable device.*
*Not all features are available with all Nextel Direct Connect devices. In addition, PTT coverage varies depending on the user's PTT device.
Nextel Direct Connect on these new phones will be offered at existing service prices. Unlimited Direct Connect is included at no additional charge in many Sprint pricing plans, including the new $99 Simply Everything(SM) plan, which also includes unlimited Group Connect and unlimited calling, messaging and data. For more information on Simply Everything plans, please visit: www.sprint.com/everything.
- PRO-200 by Sanyo(R) - Sporting an attractive, slim clamshell form factor, the Pro-200 by Sanyo delivers instant Nextel Direct Connect push-to-talk services and key functionalities including Bluetooth(R), messaging capabilities and mobile email. This device will be available for as low as $49.99 with a two-year service agreement and $50 mail-in rebate.
- PRO-700 by Sanyo(R) - Recognizing that instant communication is needed in sometimes harsh environments, Sprint will offer this rugged device certified to military standards for dust, shock and vibration. This device will be available for as low as $69.99 with a two-year service agreement and $50 mail-in rebate.
Customers can sign up to be notified of commercial availability in additional markets at www.sprint.com/instantconnect.
Sprint plans to add additional handsets to the portfolio this summer, including:
- LX400 by LG - The LX400 by LG is packaged in a slender form factor and will enable Nextel Direct Connect push-to-talk services. The device will also include key features such as a 1.3 megapixel camera, Bluetooth, GPS capabilities and noise reduction capabilities.
- Z400 by Samsung - Ultra-rugged push-to-talk choices expand with the Z400 by Samsung which is certified to Military specification 810F for dust, shock and vibration. Customers will also have added benefits of a 1.3 megapixel camera, Sprint Navigation and Bluetooth support in this clamshell handset.
- Z700 by Samsung- The Z700 by Samsung brings together the convenience of instant, get-in/get-out communication, as well as a 2 megapixel camera, Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store, stereo Bluetooth, MicroSD memory card slot and external music control keys.
- Motorola V950 - Durable, yet stylish exterior nature creates a unique "modern rugged" design. The Motorola V950 is slimmed down and suited up to perform anywhere, in the elements, on the job and on the go. The V950 also packs Stereo Bluetooth(R), a 2 megapixel camera, image spotlight and stand-alone GPS solutions to deliver a robust communications tool. Customers will also be able to enjoy Sprint Music Store, Sprint TV and the convenience of external music controls.
This selection of devices from leading manufacturers, with designs ranging from rugged phones that meet the rigors of military specifications to sleek new flip phones, will give customers new and exciting device choices with the same instant connection to the world's largest push-to-talk community that they have come to expect from Nextel Direct Connect.
Sprint plans to expand the availability of these and other new Nextel Direct Connect devices in additional markets through the remainder of 2008 and early 2009.
About Nextel Direct Connect
With more than 15 years of expertise, Sprint is the undisputed leader in push-to-talk with the largest community of users in the world. Nextel Direct Connect has set the industry standard for push-to-talk and serves millions of Nextel Direct Connect subscribers on the fastest national push-to-talk network. These customers made more than 90 billion Nextel Direct Connect connections in 2007.
Nextel Direct Connect is the only push-to-talk product in the industry that offers:
- Industry-leading performance with the advantage of instant connection (call set-up times of less than one second)
- Connection to the world's largest community of users, with millions of existing Nextel Direct Connect subscribers
- Nationwide and international push-to-talk services
- The largest portfolio of push-to-talk devices, including the largest selection of rugged phones
- Integrated business solutions, including the largest selection of GPS-solutions
For more information about Nextel Direct Connect, please visit www.sprint.com/nexteldirectconnect.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving approximately 54 million customers at the end of 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
CONTACT: Sprint Emmy Anderson, 913-707-0618 firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Schiska-Lombard, 913-794-2947 email@example.com