January 06, 2010
Overdrive(TM) 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless fact sheet
Power of Sprint 4G brings “connected mobility” experience to customers
at home, at work or on the go
Extend your mobile broadband experience to any Wi-Fi enabled device and break away from today’s fixed Wi-Fi hot spot locations. Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot allows you to connect to any Wi-Fi-enabled devices and up to 5 simultaneously – including laptops, music players, gaming devices, and cameras – through a single connection (via Wi-Fi), and provides a network connection that is up to 10 times faster than today’s 3G speeds from any national wireless carrier.1 Sprint 4G provides faster speeds and more capacity to enable user experience for high-bandwidth applications like streaming music, interactive gaming, transferring large data files or downloading videos in second. The dual-mode feature of Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot allows users to enjoy 4G performance in any Sprint 4G market or use Sprint’s Mobile Broadband Network, America’s most dependable 3G network.2 Compact, portable and easy to carry, Overdrive also supports memory cards up to 16GB of shared storage via MicroSD slot on the device and has built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability.
- Universal Wi-Fi capability: Up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled device sharing one connection
- Compatible with Universal Wi-Fi devices : works with all Operating Systems
- MicroSD slot for shared storage up to 5 connected devices; can support memory cards up to 16GB
- LCD view communicates device information such as internet connection status, number of people sharing and battery life
- GPS capable: Built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability (on 3G) allows you to pinpoint and map your location
- Easy to use: compact, portable device requires no connector, activation or installation, enabling easy re-deployment
- Extended Wi-Fi range up to 150 feet
- 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – Peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 4 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – Peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
- Backwards compatible to the EVDO Rev. 0 and 1xRTT Networks
- Seamlessly supports transition from 4G to 3G and vice versa
- Device can be tethered via USB extension cable that comes with it to a computer in order to charge the battery, connect to the network as well as share up to 5 devices/users
- Dimensions: 3.14 inches (h) x 3.14 inches (w) x 0.61 inch (d)
- Weight: 4.51 oz.
- Frequency: 1xEVDO Rev. A, Rev. 0 and 1X (850/1900 MHz); WiMAX 2500MHz and GPS MHz
- Main Display Size and Type: 1.4” LCD
- Main Display Total Pixel Count: 128 x228 pixel
- Connector: Wireless or Micro USB for tethering
- Chipset: Beceem 250 (WiMax) & MC5728 (CDMA module with QSC6085)
- Battery mAh: 1830 mAh with access time of 3 hours and 36 hours standby
For more information, visit www.sprint.com/4G
1 “Up to 10x faster” based on download speed comparison of 3G’s 600 kbps vs. 4G’s 6 Mbps. Typical published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary. 4G currently available in select areas /devices; check www.sprint.com/4G for Sprint 4G coverage/device information.
2 “Dependable” based on independent, third-party drive tests for 3G data connection success, session reliability, and signal strength for the top 50 most populous US markets (including Puerto Rico) from February 2008 to October 2009. Not all services available on 3G and coverage may default to separate network when 3G unavailable.