April 21, 2008
Sprint Customers Can Watch 2008 NFL Draft Live
Fans Can Watch NFL Network's Live TV Coverage of the Draft on Video-Enabled Phones, Read Player Blogs and Get Text Alerts as Selections Are Made Only from Sprint
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 21, 2008--Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced that, for the third consecutive year, NFL fans can watch NFL Network's live broadcast of the NFL Draft on April 26-27 on their Sprint video-enabled phones and receive other exclusive wireless NFL Draft content via NFL Mobile only from Sprint.
In addition to the live NFL Network broadcast coverage, fans can follow the NFL Draft how and when they want to with content available on NFL Mobile only from Sprint delivered by Sprint's Now Network. Highlights include:
- Blogs from Virginia defensive end Chris Long and Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan offering a behind-the-scenes look at their experiences leading up to Draft day;
- Text alerts so fans know when their favorite NFL team makes its picks;
- Draft Tracker, featuring live updates during the Draft including which team is on the clock and which team is on deck, as well as continuous access to all previous Draft selections;
- Draft-day interviews from Radio City Music Hall and in-studio analysis from Trev Alberts, only available on Sprint Exclusive Entertainment on Sprint TV;
- The latest news, opinion and analysis, including mock drafts, from NFL.com's Draft experts, including Pat Kirwin and Vic Carucci;
- An exclusive Draft blog from NFL Network's Adam Schefter, updated daily;
- Player bios;
- An extensive library of NFL Network-produced interviews with players, coaches and general managers, including video of the top players, all available on-demand;
- All of NFL Network's live pre-Draft coverage from now until the Draft concludes.
"NFL fans lead busy lives and can't always be in front of a TV or computer on Draft weekend. Only Sprint gives them the freedom to follow every minute of the Draft if they need to be out of their homes," said Steve Gaffney, Sprint's director of sports marketing. "Sprint's NFL sponsorship and Now Network give us the unique ability to deliver the latest Draft news and information as it happens directly to the fans whenever they want."
NFL Network's Draft programming will be available on NFL Mobile only from Sprint, as well as via Sprint TV, at no additional cost to data subscribers.
NFL Mobile only from Sprint is available free to data subscribers and can be downloaded by texting NFL to 7777, or via the Vision or Power Vision Sports deck. NFL Network on Sprint TV is offered at no additional cost to data subscribers and operates on Sprint's Now Network (casual data charges apply if a customer does not have a data plan). For a full listing of devices and a complete listing of Sprint data services, visit www.sprint.com.
NFL Mobile is also included as part of Sprint's Simply Everything unlimited pricing plan which combines unlimited use of voice, messaging and extensive data services like Sprint TV and Sprint Music for $99.99 per month.
Sprint is the official wireless telecommunications service provider to the NFL and its players, and is the industry leader in wireless delivery of NFL information.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving approximately 54 million customers at the end of 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
CONTACT: Sprint Dave Mellin, 720-840-4788 email@example.com
SOURCE: Sprint Nextel