May 09, 2016
Sprint Enhances Commitment to Business Services with Creation of Dedicated Global Wireline Business Unit
Wireline veteran Mike Fitz tapped to lead Global Sprint Wireline BU
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), May 09, 2016 - With a focus on empowering large, medium and small business customers, Sprint (NYSE: S) recently created a dedicated Global Wireline Business Unit to provide business customers with flexible solutions that will enable them to operate more efficiently, fully engage their employees, and adapt quickly to the future of work.
Mike Fitz, a veteran of wireline sales and operations, will lead the business unit as vice president and general manager. A Sprint employee for more than a decade, Fitz previously was vice president of the company’s Solutions Engineering department. Fitz was named as “one of the rising stars of wireline” by Fierce Telecom in 2013.
“Sprint has a long and successful history of serving businesses and providing the network and the tools that enable their employees to work better and smarter,” said Fitz. “Sprint offers a one-stop shop that can solve all of a business’s telecom challenges. Our customers appreciate that we have an integrated account team that understands their business-critical needs.”
The Global Wireline Business Unit has full profit-and-loss responsibility, including strategy, sales, marketing, product management, solutions engineering and operations. Sprint now has dedicated sales representatives and solutions engineers who sell, design, implement and support wireline solutions for business customers, partnering with the Sprint wireless sales representatives to ensure a fully integrated approach to communications needs for business customers.
The Sprint Global IP/MPLS network is a vital core business platform that is the backbone for both wireless and wireline traffic. Sprint’s all-IP network provides the foundation for converged and cloud services and is critical to business success. The majority of our largest customers have both Sprint wireline and wireless services.
Sprint’s wireline solutions were designed to enable networks and applications to operate together seamlessly for optimized business workflow. Sprint’s scalable, efficient network solutions support convergence and enable our business customers to smoothly integrate hosted and cloud applications, and increase productivity and network efficiency across the enterprise, including branch offices and mobile employees.
Sprint’s Global Wireline Business Unit solutions include:
- Global MPLS and Dedicated Internet Access with service available in more than 155 countries.
- Global SIP Trunking and SIP Toll Free provide a full inbound and outbound voice service, with customers experiencing reductions of 20 percent to 40 percent over TDM voice service.
- Growing suite of Unified Communications solutions, including Workplace as a Service, an award-winning solution that provides business customers a fully managed, integrated service, simple per-seat/per-month pricing, and a predictable MRC.
- Managed Network Solutions, providing the level of management support customers require, from basic network monitoring to complete end-to-end network management.
- Suite of managed Security Services, including Unified Threat Management, DDoS Protection, Managed 2-Factor Authentication, and Web Protection.
- Wireless and Wireline access options, including Ethernet and secure remote access for mobile employees.
- Compass Management Web Portal – Comprehensive web-based network management tools that provide customers detailed insight into their network, performance, and services.
- Sprint Relay Services – Suite of accessible products and services for customers and employees with disabilities via www.sprint.com/accessibility and award-winning www.sprintrelay.com.
In fiscal year 2015, the Global Wireline Business Unit accounted for $2.4 billion in revenue for Sprint. Sprint’s Global Wireline Business would be listed as a Fortune 1000 business based on revenue if it were a stand-alone enterprise. For more information on Sprint’s Global Wireline Business Unit, please visit www.sprint.com/business.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served more than 58.8 million connections as of March 31, 2016 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the past five years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
Michelle Leff Mermelstein