September 26, 2006
Sprint Gives Subscribers the Power to Follow The Amazing Race Around the Globe with Free, Exclusive Content
Joel Shadle, Sprint, 703-906-2645
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — 09/26/2006
An innovative cross promotion between CBS and Sprint (NYSE:S) is giving fans of the Emmy Award winning Amazing Race the opportunity to experience and interact with the global challenge like never before. As the teams trek around the world, Sprint subscribers with Power Vision(SM) phones have the power to keep up with all the action and stay updated about life on the road with exclusive "Mat Chats," behind the scenes footage, sweepstakes and much more.
"Today, simply watching quality programs like The Amazing Race just isn't enough because viewers want more; they want more interaction and exclusive information to get their fix between episodes," said Anita Newton, vice president of marketing for Sprint. "Sprint is in a unique position to provide our subscribers with content they can't get anyplace else, and the best part is they don't have to be restricted to the television or a computer to get it."
"As Amazing Race moves into its new Sunday time period, this is a great promotional opportunity to help more audiences discover this special show, and provide added features that deepen the avid fans' relationship with this Emmy Award winning series," said Ghen Maynard, executive vice president, alternative programming and entertainment content for new media for the CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group.
To access The Amazing Race content on your Sprint Power Vision, phone select the media player, type "24" and scroll to "Amazing Race". Some of the exciting features Sprint will provide to subscribers throughout season 10 include*:
- Mat Chats: Exclusive video of the interviews between contestants and show host, Phil Keoghan after completion of each task.
- Pit stop cam: See behind-the-scenes action that nobody else can.
- Team playlists: Check out the songs that drive your favorite contestants and download them for yourself on the Sprint Music Store.
The Amazing Race Sprint Vote*
Sprint and Nextel subscribers with capable handsets can participate in a weekly poll about the show by sending a vote via text message to number "4321" and participate in The Amazing Race Sprint Vote. By submitting a vote each week, users will be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win one of two premier wireless devices from Sprint; a Treo 700p or Samsung a900. Winners will be selected at the end of the season, and fans are limited to one vote per weekly entry period as stated in the official rules for The Amazing Race Sprint Vote at http://www.cbs.com/sprint/sweepstakes.php.
Keep up with The Amazing Race online by visiting www.sprintenterprise.com/amazingrace.
About Sprint Video
Sprint has a strong history of providing wireless data services that are innovative and unique, and Sprint's video offerings are a distinct example of this leadership. Sprint TV was recently awarded the Editor's Choice by PC Magazine and the Best Bet by PC World for the best video service on mobile phones. Sprint offers more than 50 video and audio channels of live and on-demand programming, and Sprint was the first U.S. mobile carrier to:
- Receive an Emmy(R) Award (Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences),
- Offer live television programming on mobile phones (MobiTV),
- Broadcast the first live concert directly on mobile phones (Bon Jovi),
- Offer full-length feature films on mobile phones (mSpot Movies),
- Provide any type of multimedia experience on mobile phones, beginning with video slides and audio (1KTV),
- Deliver a continuous streaming audio and video product up to 15 frames per second and
- Offer a Spanish-language live TV service.
*Standard text messaging and Power Vision rates apply.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of communications services bringing mobility to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks offering industry leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.