January 22, 2009
Sprint Launches Game-Changing Pricing Plans to Bring More Value to Nextel Direct Connect Business Users
A Paradigm Shift in How Businesses Choose a Plan to Meet Their Needs; Built from the Ground up with Nextel Direct Connect Workgroup User Trends in Mind
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
With other mobile providers, a business is asked to choose a plan based on monthly anytime voice minutes required per user and then pay incrementally for features such as push-to-talk, text messaging and picture mail. While this approach makes sense for consumers, businesses use mobile communications tools differently and need plans to address the fact that most communication occurs between workgroup members. With Nextel Direct Connect Custom Plans, the focus is on key services used most by workgroups, which are bundled with unlimited usage, at a low flat monthly rate. A business can then attach a bucket of anytime voice minutes to be shared with the entire workgroup.
Specifically, businesses can choose from the following Nextel Direct Connect Custom Plans:
Unlimited Workgroup Communications-- with unlimited Direct Connectand Group Connect(R) plus unlimited text messaging, mobile-to-mobile minutes and night and weekend minutes starting at 9 p.m.o $29.99per month per line.
- Web & Navigation -- includes the above features, plus unlimited data,
Web browsing and GPS navigation
$39.99per month per line for Nextelphones. o $49.99per month per line for PowerSource and Nextel Direct Connect capable Sprint phones.
- Pooled voice minutes can be added to either plan for the group to share
o 500 minutes for
$30per month per line. o Or 2,000 minutes for $100per month per line.
"This is a paradigm shift in how businesses select a wireless plan to
meet their business's needs," said
The new Nextel Direct Connect Custom Plans are initially available to business-liable customers with Nextel Direct Connect-capable phones. Sprint plans to offer these plans to consumers and individual-liable accounts in the future.
About Nextel Direct Connect
With more than 15 years of expertise, Sprint is the undisputed leader in
push-to-talk with the largest community of users in the world.
- Industry-leading performance with the advantage of instant connection (call set-up times of less than one second)
- Connection to the world's largest community of users, with millions of existing Nextel Direct Connect subscribers
- Nationwide and international push-to-talk services
- The largest portfolio of push-to-talk phones, including the largest selection of rugged phones
- Integrated business solutions, including the largest selection of GPS-solutions
For more information about Nextel Direct Connect, visit www.sprint.com/nexteldirectconnect.