August 24, 2006
Sprint Launches Unique Program to Offer Mobility Solutions for Business Customers
Helps customers increase their return on investment, reduce costs, increase efficiencies and enhance customer satisfaction
Cheryl Hawkins, 703-928-5201
RESTON, Va. — 08/24/2006
Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced the launch of the "Sprint Advanced Wireless Solutions" program to provide business customers with complete end-to-end mobility solution delivery capability. This program offers businesses a one-stop shop, single contract and centralized bill, with every element of a mobility solution including the hardware, application software, mobile voice and data usage, professional services, and Sprint-centralized customer care - packaged together for easy deployment and maintenance.
By leveraging Sprint's extensive technology backbone and partner relationships, Sprint will address specific customer needs to help optimize business processes. Customers will benefit from insight into asset and resource location, operations and status; access to critical information required for process optimization; greater automation leading to reduced process errors and redundancies; information transfer required for time-sensitive decision-making; and increased asset uptime stemming from enhanced maintenance, problem detection and response times.
Sprint works with leading technology partners like Air-Trak, Antenna Software, Apacheta, MCC, Mobicor, Omnilink Systems and Xora to bring enhanced mobile solutions to the marketplace.
"As companies seek to enable their businesses wirelessly, they want to work with partners who understand them," said Gene Signorini, vice president of Yankee Group's Enterprise Applications and Mobile Solutions research. "With the introduction of Sprint Advanced Wireless Solutions, customers will experience the benefits of wireless solutions that are suited to their business needs. Combining applications, devices, network capabilities and ongoing support are a key example of the attention Sprint pays to solutions delivery."
Sprint Advanced Wireless Solutions is ideal for mid-size businesses, enterprise customers and government agencies, including local and state government, healthcare, utilities and education. The solutions offer a range of options from field service automation to mobile asset management to equipment diagnostics and more.
"Given the needs of our customer base, we are committed to providing first-in-class solutions that simplify the deployment process where Sprint serves as the single point of contact to analyze, implement and support all the customer's needs," said Wayne Ward, vice president of solutions engineering for Sprint. "We are pleased to offer this integrated solutions program that helps customers increase their return on investment, reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and enhance internal and external customer satisfaction."
The Sprint Advanced Wireless Solutions program currently offers six operational enhancement solutions with four additional solutions planned for later in the year:
- Field Service Automation: coordinates and automates many of the tasks associated with scheduling, dispatching, field communication, work order and activity tracking.
- Route Accounting: captures and reports sales and delivery data, accesses product and order information, adjusts invoices, tracks product returns and manages inventory.
- Fleet Dispatch & Resource Management: performs complete lifecycle management on fleet of vehicles.
- Mobile Asset Management: designed to provide location, tracking, accountability and maintenance data on all company assets including inventory.
- Mobile IT Helpdesk Management: automates all the tasks of IT trouble ticket management processes including allocation of trouble tickets, activity tracking, ticket status update and closure.
- Field Sales: provides mobile sales agent and customer relationship management for all field sales organizations.
- Healthcare Provider Solutions: provides automated charge capture and billing systems, access to clinical and lab results, and electronic prescription ordering with direct pharmacy routing and physician references.
- Equipment Diagnostics – Equipment Rental: uses telemetry and embedded mobile-to-mobile (M2M) communications systems to automate many tasks associated with deploying, scheduling and maintaining heavy equipment fleets.
- Fixed Assets: tracks fixed assets in the field for equipment maintenance, customer service and operations.
- Public Safety Solutions: solutions for public safety organizations like homeland security and police.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of communications services bringing mobility to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks offering industry leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.