July 24, 2006
Sprint Offers NFL Mobile - The Exclusive Source of Real-Time NFL Information - Free of Charge to Vision or Power Vision Subscribers
Sprint delivers exclusive mobile video and audio highlights of NFL games
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — 07/24/2006
NFL fans and fantasy football players can now take the NFL with them wherever they go. Available only to Sprint (NYSE: S) customers, NFL Mobile is the perfect companion for the NFL fan offering the widest array of football information including real-time statistics, scores, injury reports and other updates. And it's all available to Sprint PCS Vision® and Sprint Power Vision(SM) subscribers free of charge.
This groundbreaking innovation in mobile sports entertainment is customizable to a fantasy football player's roster or for specific teams. With information updated every two seconds, NFL Mobile features the fastest wireless delivery of NFL information, allowing users to claim bragging rights when it comes to real-time NFL player stats and scores. In addition, only Sprint can deliver a comprehensive package of exclusive mobile video and audio highlights available at the touch of a button.
NFL Mobile from Sprint can be downloaded by texting NFL to 7777 or via the Vision or Power Vision home deck.
Unprecedented game highlights, alerts
NFL Mobile users can create customizable text message alerts to ensure delivery of the kind of information they want, when they want it. Alerts will be sent at selected times such as when a player or team scores, when specific teams enter the red zone, at the end of each quarter or game, or as official NFL injury reports are issued. When fans receive a text alert, the information emanates directly from the NFL's database making NFL Mobile a powerful fantasy football tool. Sprint subscribers must opt-in to receive the text alerts, and standard text messaging charges apply.
NFL Mobile users will also receive exclusive, unprecedented game video and audio highlights. Only NFL Mobile delivers wireless video highlights of NFL games, which will be available at the conclusion of every game (excluding video for games played on Monday nights) – an unprecedented timeframe for viewers. Audio highlights will be available for both the home and road teams' radio broadcasts during every game of the season with highlights posted at the end of each quarter and shortly after the conclusion of each game.
"There is no other service available today that delivers the NFL in a real-time, customizable format the way NFL Mobile does," said Steve Gaffney, director of sports marketing for Sprint.. "NFL Mobile is a season-long companion that will enhance every aspect of the NFL fan's enjoyment of the game, and it's available on the one device fans carry every day – their wireless phone. We listened to fans and built an application to their specifications."
The NFL Mobile application, developed by mSpot, features simple navigation, real-time Gamecenter, team and player statistics, drive charts, scoreboard, and a multitude of NFL Network-produced video segments.
- Navigation – Icon-based side-bar menu enables quick navigation through NFL Mobile's content and can be "skinned" to a particular team's logo/colors.
- Gamecenter – A real-time graphical representation of the most current drive for each game including each play of the drive, the quarter and time remaining in the quarter, current score, down and distance, score board by quarter, and last-play description. Gamecenter will also provide a written narrative of the play-by-play for each sequential drive, starting from the current drive back to the first drive of the game.
- Team/Player Statistics – Sorted and presented by team, category and player (in that order), statistical categories will include all relative information including passing, receiving, rushing, two-point conversions, kicking, punting, kickoff returns, fumbles, interceptions, sacks and blocked kicks.
- Drive Charts – Graphic summaries for each drive of each game, including time of possession, yards gained, number of plays and result of each drive.
- Scores – Real-time scores for all games will be displayed on a single scoreboard in the following order: live games, completed games, upcoming games. Features include when a team is about to score ("Red-Zone Alert"), when a team scores, which team has possession of the ball, and direct links to a respective game's live play-by-play.
- NFL Video On-Demand – Video segments from popular NFL Network-produced pieces such as Super Bowl highlights, greatest players and rivalries, sounds of the game, and interviews and features of current former coaches and players.
- NFL Network – Sprint will continue to offer live, round-the-clock audio/video streaming of NFL Network's broadcast as well as a multitude of on-demand programming such as Total Access, Game of the Week and Player/Coach Interviews. NFL Network's live stream will be free to those who download the NFL Mobile application, marking the first time Sprint will offer live streaming of any television channel at no cost.
Additionally, NFL Mobile users will have easy access to the following content: NFL.com Fantasy Companion, ring tones, graphics, photos and logos, and the ability to personalize their service with their favorite team colors. Some of this content may be offered for a fee.
Editor's Note: For high-resolution images of NFL Mobile, please visit www.sprint.com/mr.
About Sprint Sports Content
Sprint continually produces wireless data services that are first, better and unique – and the company's sports offerings are a distinct example of this leadership. Sprint's sponsorship of NASCAR's premier series, the NEXTEL Cup, and the National Football League yield compelling and exciting content for Sprint customers, such as:
NFL Mobile, which provides:
- Exclusive mobile access to NFL video and audio game highlights;
- A live stream of NFL Network and exclusive mobile access to NFL Films;
- Real-time Gamecenter, providing up-to-the-minute details for every player and every game.
A variety of NASCAR NEXTEL Cup mobile exclusives, including:
- NASCAR NEXTEL FanView, a next generation scanner and the industry's first at-track wireless device providing exclusive access to fans in the stands;
- NEXTEL FanScan, which provides in-car team communication during each NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series™ race via Sprint Nextel phones;
- Driver ringers, call tones, screen savers and telecards which enable fans to personalize their phones with content from their favorite NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of communications services bringing mobility to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks offering industry leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.