November 02, 2011
Sprint Receives Frost & Sullivan 2011 Customer Value Enhancement Award in North America for Machine to Machine Communications
Open approach, dependable networks and experienced execution strongly contributes to Sprint’s M2M leadership
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), November 02, 2011 - Sprint (NYSE: S) has received the 2011 Customer Value Enhancement Award in North America for Machine to Machine (M2M) Communications from Frost & Sullivan. The award recognizes Sprint’s exceptional focus on enhancing the value that its customers receive, beyond simply good customer service, leading to improved customer retention and ultimately customer base expansion.
Danny Bowman, president of Integrated Solutions Group at Sprint, announced the award today during his Sprint Open Solutions conference keynote address. “We are honored that Frost & Sullivan has recognized Sprint as an innovative, proactive and early leader in M2M,” Bowman said. “This provides valuable third-party validation that our open approach to M2M is well-received and producing results for our customers and partners.”
According to Frost & Sullivan, the key differentiating factors for Sprint’s M2M offerings could be summarized as:
- Multi-network approach and Network Vision initiative utilizing the Sprint iDEN and CDMA networks along with a global IP network and the first 4G network from a national carrier
- Open Device certification process that is extremely efficient and provides easy access for partners
- Extensive M2M experience with certification of hundreds of devices with industry leading partners
- Partnership models to suit the specific needs of third party device manufacturers and partnerships with industry aggregators to simplify the testing and launch of M2M solutions
- Customized and packaged solutions to fit the needs of partners and customers
- Value-based pricing to help customers select the best option for their unique connectivity requirements
- A dedicated M2M team to support all of M2M and embedded device needs in solution development, certification and network launch. In addition, the Sprint M2M Collaboration Center offers an open, collaborative environment that enables the M2M ecosystem to successfully bring new solutions to market.
- Service mindset offering an exceptional customer experience differentiated by extremely high standards of reliability, easy set-up and operation to help customers achieve the highest ROI
“Sprint has successfully eliminated the complexity in M2M by providing customized, collaborative and open solutions that deliver the highest value for M2M customers,” said Vikrant Gandhi, senior industry analyst at Frost & Sullivan. “Our research indicates that Sprint’s M2M assets have delivered significant benefits to both large and small enterprises, many of which have turned into loyal Sprint M2M customers with long-term commitments.”
The Frost & Sullivan Award for Customer Value Enhancement is presented each year to the company that demonstrates excellence in implementing strategies that proactively create value for its customers with a focus on improving the return on investment that customers make in its services or products. This award recognizes the company's inordinate focus on enhancing the value that its customers receive, beyond simply good customer service, leading to improved customer retention and ultimately customer base expansion.
The full report is available at www.sprint.com/whitepapers.
About Sprint Emerging Solutions Group
The Sprint Emerging Solutions Group (ESG) is an industry leader in machine-to-machine (M2M) and embedded solutions. ESG delivers a full complement of assets critical to successful M2M and embedded solutions deployments. These include network agnostic capabilities (including 3G, 4G, CDMA and a reliable Tier 1 IP network); specialized industry solutions engineering teams; an open approach to devices and applications through the company’s Open Device Initiative; an expansive M2M partner ecosystem; and the ability to provide customer solutions that can include distribution, branding, billing and customer care services. To learn more, view this special “What if …” M2M video and visit www.sprint.com/m2m.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 53 million customers at the end of 3Q 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in its 2011 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
Stephanie Greenwood, 913-315-1612