April 02, 2008
Sprint to Celebrate Customers by Offering Thousands of Free NASCAR Sprint All-Star Benefits
Sprint All-Star Customer Celebration to include more than 30,000
free NASCAR tickets, race shop tours and exclusive access
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 2, 2008--Sprint (NYSE:S) today launched the Sprint All-Star Customer Celebration, a program around the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race where Sprint customers will be offered more than 30,000 free tickets to an array of NASCAR-themed events May 15-17.
"At Sprint, our customers are our most valued assets," said Steve Gaffney, director of sports marketing for Sprint. "We have tremendous access through our NASCAR Sprint Cup Series sponsorship and our title sponsorship of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race. We want to share as many of those benefits as possible with our customers. We want them to realize that, as a Sprint customer, they have exclusive access to NASCAR; they have a friend on the inside."
The following items are being offered free of charge to Sprint customers:
- 10,500 tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Pit Crew Challenge May 15 at Charlotte Bobcats Arena in Charlotte, N.C. While at the event, Sprint customers will have access to an exclusive question-and-answer session with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers.
- 1,000 tickets for lunch and a chartered bus ride to behind-the-scenes tours of Hendrick Motorsports, Michael Waltrip Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing May 16 in Charlotte, N.C.
- 20,000 tickets to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race May 17 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, N.C.
- A select number of pit tours prior to the start of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.
- Opportunity for a select number of customers to be stage front for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race pre-race driver introductions and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race Victory Lane.
Sprint customers must visit Sprint.com, establish an online account via MySprint and log in to register. The offer is available online only. The tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will close April 30 or when all tickets have been claimed.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving approximately 54 million customers at the end of 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
CONTACT: Sprint Media Contact: Kimberly Meesters, 704-634-3637 Kimberly.email@example.com