October 30, 2012
Sprint’s Annual Veterans Day Celebration Nov. 8 – Open to the Public, Kids Are Welcome
Apache, Blackhawk and Chinook military aircraft will land on campus
(BUSINESS WIRE), October 30, 2012 - Sprint’s fifth annual Veterans Day Celebration will be held Thursday, Nov. 8, at the World Headquarters Campus in Overland Park. This event will be co-hosted by Sprint Campus tenants JPMorgan Chase and Black & Veatch.
Sprint values and honors members of the military who serve our country and is widely recognized for its strong commitment to the military and veterans. Sprint was recently recognized as a 2012 Most Valuable Employer for Military for the fourth year in a row from CivilianJobs.com, as well as the #2 happiest company for U.S. veterans in 2012 by CareerBliss.
Sprint has approximately 1,500 veteran employees, and 44 Sprint employees are currently deployed. VETS, Sprint’s military Employee Resource Group, has more than 800 employee members active in 36 states and Puerto Rico.
Veterans Day Celebration on the Sprint Campus
Thursday, Nov. 8
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Aircraft will land at 11 a.m.
Sprint World Headquarters Campus at 117th and Nall in Overland Park
Media note: Media vehicles must be in place by 10:30 a.m. for military aircraft landing.
*Interview opportunities with Sprint organizers and military personnel will be available during the event.
(Event flier available for downloading)
Exhibits and attractions include:
· US Army helicopters: AH-64 Apache, UH-60 Blackhawk and CH-57 Chinook
· Coast Guard HU-25 Falcon flyover during the National Anthe
· US Army Reserve and National Guard ground equipment, Signal Corps, Military Police, Transportation Co
· Historical military vehicles - Military Vehicle Preservation Association
· 312th Army Band
· Overland Park Police and Fire Departments – SWAT team, bomb squad and K9 demonstrations
· Johnson County Sheriff’s Office – Crime Lab, weapons display, SWAT armored vehicle
· Fraternal Military organizations, including the Marine Corps League and Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
· Department of Veterans Affairs
· Vietnam Veterans of America Huey display helicopter
· Military life while deployed will be highlighted with military field gear on display
· On-site military recruiters to answer questions and provide small mementos
· Slugger, KC Wolf and KC Comets players
· Fort Leavenworth, Fort Leonard Wood, Fort Riley and National WW1 Museum hands-on indoor display for visitors to use current and historical military gear in Building 6180 Employee Activity Center
· Toys-for-Tots collection
· Employee Resource Group information from Sprint and JPMorgan Chase
· Lunch is available for purchase while supplies last: Roasterie Coffee, BBQ and chili stations
This event is open to the public and kids are welcome.