March 06, 2007
Time Warner Cable and Sprint Launch Mobile Access Wireless Service in Cincinnati-Dayton Region
Wireless Venture Brings Mobility, Convergence of Voicemail, Email
and Video Service to Time Warner Cable and Sprint Customers
CINNCINATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 6, 2007--Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) and Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced the launch of Mobile Access in the Cincinnati-Dayton Region. Mobile Access integrates Time Warner Cable's Digital Telephone, Digital Cable, and Road Runner products with Sprint's wireless service to bring mobility and convergence to customers. Time Warner Cable and Sprint customers will now be able to take their home-based services with them when they leave their homes, making it easier, more convenient and more cost-effective to keep in touch, stay informed and be entertained.
Mobile Access leverages the unique capabilities of Time Warner Cable and Sprint to deliver a set of services that clearly distinguish this wireless service from its competitors. Current benefits of this service include the ability to:
- Make and receive unlimited calls between the wireless phone and home Digital Phone without using any plan minutes;
- Watch select news, sports, weather, movie trailers and entertainment channels or view select Time Warner Cable channels, live, right on the Sprint wireless phone;
- Send and receive email from the customer's Road Runner account and other popular email accounts;
- Surf the web and join web-based chat rooms, instant message and more;
- Provide the customer with one integrated voicemail box. Customers will still have the ability to keep separate mailboxes and receive free text alerts on their wireless phone when they get voicemail messages on their home digital phone;
- Have unlimited call forwarding from the Sprint wireless phone to the home Digital Phone service, so customers never miss any important calls or messages;
- Receive one integrated Time Warner Cable bill for all four services.
In the future, additional benefits will be announced, including enabling a customer to program their DVR from their mobile handset.
"With Mobile Access, customers can get everything they want on one mobile device, and have an even better experience as a Time Warner Cable customer," said Vin Zachariah, Time Warner Cable Vice President and General Manager, Cincinnati. "Our goal is to integrate mobility into the Company's core bundle of services, providing customers with added value and level of convenience."
"It's always been about being able to take your office with you," said Kevin Gleason, area vice president for Sprint. "Now it's about taking the things that are most important to you at home (television, Internet, phone) with you, wherever you go."
Mobile Access is user-friendly. There is no complex navigation and no new interface to learn. As an example, customers' cable TV channel guide will appear on their mobile phone just as it does on their home television.
More information is available by calling 866-44CABLE or going to www.twcinci.com and www.twdayton.com. Customers can also sign up for Mobile Access at local Sprint retail locations in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Mason, Springfield and West Chester.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable's Southwest Ohio Division is proud to lead the way in meeting the entertainment, information and communication needs of more than 640,000 customers in Greater Cincinnati, Dayton and the Miami Valley. The Southwest Ohio division of Time Warner Cable serves 409 communities, provides free service to more than 1,000 schools and employs more than 1,800 people. Time Warner Cable is on the Web at www.twcinci.com and www.twdayton.com.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving 53.1 million customers at the end of 2006; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
CONTACT: Sprint Nextel
Time Warner Cable
Karen R. Baxter
Director, Public Affairs
SOURCE: Sprint Nextel