Big on Power, Small on Size
January 04, 2011
Sprint’s ultra-compact MiFi® 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless brings customers the portability of the MiFi design with one-touch connectivity for up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices, including a tablet, eReaders, laptops or gaming consoles. Delivering a true wireless experience with no cables or software installation required, the MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot easily supports all the needs of a family household, a frequent traveler who wants to avoid Wi-Fi charges, or even a small business team in a form factor about the size of a credit card. Sprint is the first carrier to launch a 4G MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot preloaded with MiFi OS™, widgets and application support, adding capabilities beyond just Internet connectivity. Its predecessor, the MiFi 2200 by Novatel Wireless, was the industry’s first 3G Intelligent Mobile Hotspot. This version with 4G accessibility offers download speeds that are up to 10 times faster than 3G service.1 It also features an external display with status indicators for battery, signal strength and number of connected devices as well as shared storage capability through a microSD™ slot for up to a 32GB memory card. It supports Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
· 3G EV-DO Rev. A and WiMAX capable
· 10mm x 35mm eInk display with status indicators for battery, signal and number of connected devices
· Location based services: GPSOne, xTRA, stand-alone GPS
· Browser user interface for configuration
· MicroSD slot for up to 32GB memory card
· Supports Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems
· Datalink 3G/4G
· No software required for Wi-Fi connection
· Battery: 1500mAh – four hours of usage; 60 hours of standby time
· 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – Peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
· 3G data speeds (EV-DO Rev. A) – Peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
· Compatibility: Wi-Fi, Windows®, MAC OS® X, Linux®
· Chipset EV-DO: Qualcomm® MSM7627
· Chipset WiMax: Beceem® BCSM250
· Frequency: Dual-band (CDMA 1900, 800MHz); supports EV-DO Rev. A/0; 1xRTT
· Weight: 85 grams with battery (3 oz.)
· Antenna: Integrated Wi-Fi and GPS antenna
· Wireless Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
 Up to 10x faster claim: Based on download speed comparison of Sprint 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps -1.4 Mbps) vs. Sprint 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary by plan or based on other factors.