September 15, 2013
Focus on Driving
In 2005, Sprint created a free interactive program - Focus on Driving - to educate teenagers enrolled in driver's education classes on the dangers of driver distraction, the importance of attentive driving and how they could ensure a safe driving experience for themselves and others on the road.
Since that time, Sprint has broadened, the scope of the Focus on Driving mission to support nationwide programs, nonprofit organizations, mobile applications and wireless products that educate and aid teenagers and adult in becoming safer drivers in today's heavily wireless world. Today, these programs include:
DISTRACTED DRIVING PLEDGE: Sprint has also asked its employees to do their part in reducing the number of distracted drivers on the road by making a voluntary commitment to drive responsibly by taking the Don't Drive Distracted pledge. The pledge reads as follows:
DRIVER SAFETY SOLUTIONS: Sprint has also been a leading provider of fleet solutions for more than three decades. We work with innovative companies to provide solutions to businesses with fleets that help drivers focus on the road.
- Aegis Mobility developed the FleetSafer® app to addresses distracted driving in the commercial sector. The software auto-activates once the vehicle is in motion, preventing texting, e-mailing and browsing, while still enabling hands-free phone conversations.
- DriveCam's video event recorder is capable of not only identifying collisions, but also allows DriveCam to identify near collisions that could have been avoided. DriveCam is able to review and analyze driver behavior leading up to collisions or near collisions and identify coachable behaviors that indicate potential future risk, such as distracted driving.
See more about how we encourage our customers and employees to focus on driving in our downloadable fact sheet.
- June 10, 2013 - Drive First, Text Later, by Ralph Reid, Vice President of Corporate Responsibility and President of the Sprint Foundation
- April 2, 2013 - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Encourages Drivers to Avoid Distracted Driving In New National Ad Campaign Highlighting Sprint Drive First App
- March 27, 2013 - Sprint Velocity Offers Automakers Customizable Approach to Enhancing New and Existing Telematics and In-Vehicle Communications Systems
- January 17, 2013 - Sprint and Aegis Mobility Help Commercial Fleet Managers Address Distracted Driving
- December 21, 2012 - New National Ad Campaign Highlights Sprint Drive First to Help Avoid Distracted Driving
- August 6, 2012 - Chrysler Group Enlists Sprint for Strategic Wireless Partner Role Enabling Uconnect Access
- April 19, 2012 - Sprint Honors National Distracted Driving Awareness Month
- September 12, 2011 - Sprint Drive First Application Helps Parents Combat Distracted Driving