December 10, 2014
Sprint offers customers new to Uber a free ride (up to $20)
We believe having access to safe, reliable and affordable transportation via your mobile phone is important. That’s why we are now offering Uber preloaded on the home screen of most of our new Android devices.
We can all use a hand every now and then. Imagine having your arms full of packages after a long day of holiday shopping and simply tapping an app on your smartphone, a car arrives, you get in, enjoy a comfortable ride and when you arrive at your destination you don’t even need to worry about pulling out cash or a credit card to pay your driver. That’s just one scenario that illustrates the convenience of Uber – a technology platform that matches individuals who are looking for rides with pre-screened drivers.
Or you’re at a holiday party and everyone is enjoying a few cocktails. An Uber driver and a safe ride home is only a touch away – meaning you won’t have to worry about getting behind the wheel after a night out.
Now offered in more than 140 U.S. cities and more than 45 countries, Uber is a helpful and efficient way to get around while traveling this holiday season.
Deal on First Uber Ride
During December Sprint customers who establish a new Uber account will receive $20 off their first Uber ride using the offer code SPRINT.1 Customers must visit the registration site and use the offer code SPRINT when completing registration.
How to get the app:
- Customers activating select Sprint Android smartphones will find the Uber app already on their device home screen and can click on the app icon, which will take them to Google Play to download the app.
- The free Uber app is available to download for Android, iOS and Windows Phones.
- The Uber app can also be found in the Sprint Zone application.
- Reliable Pickups: Request a ride through the Uber app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no
reservations are required allowing you to get a ride whenever and where ever you need it.
- Clear Pricing: Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes directly within the app.
- Cashless & Convenient: Use a credit card or Pay Pal to
automatically bill your rides directly to your account, meaning you never need to have cash on hand.
- Seamless: Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. Uber will email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
Amy Johnsonbaugh is a communications manager for the Apps and Services team at Sprint. Based in Orange County, Calif., she can answer questions related to Sprint-branded or third-party consumer applications, music/entertainment applications, accessibility applications, Sprint ID and family service applications. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1Customer pays the difference for fares over $20. Any fare under $20 not used in the first ride is forfeited. Uber is available in select cities. See www.uber.com for full list of available cities. Offer ends Dec. 31, 2014.