Compact Connections to Sprint 4G LTE, 4G WiMAX and 3G
May 09, 2012
Sierra Wireless™ 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot is the first-ever device to combine 4G connections over both LTE and WiMAX networks. With the additional capability to connect to a 3G network outside of 4G coverage areas, Sierra Wireless Tri-Fi Hotspot provides the best combination of speed and coverage to Sprint customers and allows families, small businesses and traveling co-workers to easily share high-speed connections. With Sierra Wireless Tri-Fi Hotspot, customers can extend their Sprint 3G/4G experience beyond their laptops to up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices such as cameras, music players, personal media players and portable game consoles. In addition, its microSD™ slot allows teams to share files and presentations with network storage and it can be used as a digital media server. Device settings are easy to modify through a straightforward web interface accessed through any web browser. It is simple to set up and connect, with no software required.
· First-ever device to easily support transition between Sprint 3G CDMA plus 4G LTE and WiMAX networks
· Universal Wi-Fi capability: Up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices sharing one connection
· Compatible with Universal Wi-Fi devices, supports 802.11 b/g/n; works with all operating systems
· microSD™ slot for shared network storage with up to 8 users; supports up to 32GB
· Share media files on the microSD card with any DLNA capable device
· LCD view communicates device information such as Internet connection status, number of people sharing and battery life
· GPS capable: Built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability allows users to pinpoint and map their location, available to any capable connected device
· Easy to use: compact, portable device requires no connector, activation or installation, enabling easy re-deployment
· Extended Wi-Fi range up to 150 feet outdoors, 115 feet indoors
· Backwards compatible to the EVDO Rev. 0 and 1xRTT Networks
· Integrated RF Antenna Ports
· Dimensions: 3.84 inches (h) x 2.25 inches (w) x 0.95 inch (d) (device + battery)
· Weight: 4.87 oz.
· Frequency: 1xEVDO Rev. A, Rev. 0 and 1X (1900 MHz); WiMAX 2500MHz and GPS 1575MHz, LTE band class 25= 1900 blocks A-G (1900 roaming only)
· Main Display Size and Type: 1.7” LCD
· Main Display Total Pixel Count: 160 x 128 pixels
· Connector: Wireless or Micro USB for tethering
· Chipset: Beceem BCS350 (WiMax), GCT GCT7241 (LTE) & Qualcomm MDM6085 (EvDO)
· WiFi Chipset: Marvell 88W8786
· Battery mAh: 3600 mAh with access time up to 8 hours and up to 8 weeks standby time *
*Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, select features, data and other application usage patterns.