Sprint 3G/4G USB 250U mobile broadband modem from Sierra Wireless delivers lightning fast speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G1 in 4G markets and dependable 3G speeds virtually everywhere else. Whether customers are streaming Hulu live, surfing the Web or downloading huge files, they will appreciate its compact size, round design, and 180-degree rotating hinge that can accommodate both horizontal and vertical USB ports providing an ideal fit for virtually any laptop. Sprint 3G/4G USB 250U supports Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP and Mac OS®. The integrated GPS capability provides location, navigation and mapping solutions when connected to the Sprint 3G network. The device is equipped with two external antenna ports and separate LED displays that let users know if they are connected to Sprint’s 3G or 4G network. Staying connected has never been easier.
- Supports Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP and Mac OS® X 10.5/10.6
- GPS capable: Provides users’ location, navigation and mapping solutions when connected to the Sprint 3G network
- Connects automatically to Sprint 3G and 4G networks via Sprint SmartViewSM
- 3G and 4G DataLink capable via Sprint SmartView customization
- LED that lights up according to respective connection
- Supports Hands-Free Activation via OMA-DM
- Two external antenna ports supporting CDMA, GPS, WiMax MIMO
- 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – Peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – Peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
- Backwards compatible to the EVDO Rev. 0 and 1xRTT Networks
- Dimensions: 0.6 inches x 1.9 inches (round)
- Weight: 2 ounces
- Frequency: CDMA Dual Band 800/1900 MHz; GPS 1.5 GHz L-Band; WiMAX 2.5GHz
- Chipset: Qualcomm QSC6085; Beceem BCSMM250; both 65nm
- 180-degree rotating USB Connector for flexible use
1 “Up to 10x faster” based on download speed comparison of 3G’s 600 kbps vs. 4G’s 6 Mbps. Industry published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary. Not all services avail. on 4G and coverage may default to 3G/separate network where 4G unavailable. Sprint 4G network: reaches over 30 markets and counting, on select devices. Sprint 3G network: reaches over 262 million people. See sprint.com for details.