The best of both worlds
The fastest speeds in 4G markets, 3G speeds everywhere else. Sprint 3G/4G USB U301 is the second dual-mode 3G/4G USB device available from Sprint. This small, easy-to-use device is compatible with both PC and Mac computers, connecting laptops or netbooks to the fastest wireless connection available. The dual-mode U301 provides access to Sprint 4G wireless speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G1 and access to the most dependable 3G mobile broadband network2 virtually everywhere else. U301 is ideally suited for business customers looking to improve productivity, increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs or for consumers who want to browse the Web, send and receive email, access information and explore social networking and multimedia entertainment. With 4G speeds, users can stream HD videos, upload and download massive files in just seconds or download a song in several seconds or a movie in less than an hour.
- GPS enabled supporting Sprint Navigation, BlackBerry Maps and other GPS applications when using the Sprint 3G Mobile Broadband Network
- Employs 3G/4G wireless technology authentication and identification system for top-notch security
- Sprint SmartViewSM software for connectivity to Sprint’s 3G and 4G network, as well as quick links for Sprint supported services and tools with an applications drop-down for ease of access to tools like Sprint Speed Test, the Digital Lounge and other pre-defined applications
- 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – Peak download speed of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speed of 4 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – Peak download speed of 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speed of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600Kbps–1.4 Mbps)
- Backwards compatible to the EVDO Rev. 0 and 1xRTT Networks
- Dimensions: 3.5 inches (h) x 1.27 inches (w) x 0.92 inch (d) (88.9 mm x 32.26 mm x 23.37 mm)
- Weight: 1.25 ounces (35.44 grams)
- Interface: Rotating USB 2.0 connector
- Chipset: QSC6085 and BCSM250
- Compatibility: Windows® Vista, Windows® XP, Windows® 7 (compatible mode with SSV 2.28) MAC OS® 10.5 and 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
For more information, visit www.sprint.com/4G
1 “Up to 10x faster” based on download speed comparison of 3G’s 600 kbps vs. 4G’s 6 Mbps. Typical published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary. 4G currently available in select areas /devices; check www.sprint.com/4G for Sprint 4G coverage/device information.
2 “Dependable” based on independent, third-party drive tests for 3G data connection success, session reliability, and signal strength for the top 50 most populous US markets (including PR) from January 2008 to August 2009. Not all services available on 3G and coverage may default to separate network when 3G unavailable.
Caroline Semerdjian, Sprint
Stephanie Vinge, Sprint