Sprint Mobile Broadband Smart Device MOTO Q(TM) by Motorola Comes
Packed with Exclusive Content Including NFL Mobile and On Demand
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. & PLANTATION, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 4, 2007--Consumers and professionals striving to be more organized and productive in the new year can rely on Sprint (NYSE:S) and Motorola (NYSE:MOT) to achieve their New Year’s resolution. The companies announced today they plan to begin offering the Sprint Mobile Broadband Smart Device MOTO Q(TM) by Motorola later this month in Sprint business sales channels and online at www.sprint.com. Sprint is expected to begin offering the MOTO Q in all channels including Sprint Stores in mid-February.
Slim and stylish, the MOTO Q offered from Sprint operates on the Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Platform with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack and gives customers easy access to mobile email*, Web*, calendar, music, video and phone functionality in one pocket-sized device. Exclusive features available only from Sprint include:
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Service on the Sprint Power Vision(SM) Network.
- Customized Sprint Powerdeck - The NEW Sprint Powerdeck Located in the Internet Explorer Favorites Menu will provide users with Featured Content, optimized content links and an online searchable User Guide for convenient access to tips, troubleshooting techniques and how-to instructions.
- NFL Mobile - available exclusively from Sprint, this application brings the world of NFL to your handset. Access team content, check real-time scores and stats, and shop for NFL downloads. NFL Mobile is included with any Sprint Power Vision data pack starting as low as $15 a month.
- On Demand - retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button.
"Life today goes beyond the home or office. The Motorola Q operating on the Sprint Power Vision Network gives our customers the power of information that moves with them in a sleek, ultra-thin form factor," said Danny Bowman, vice president of customer equipment for Sprint. "And with a Sprint Power Vision Access pack, available for as low as $15 per month, Sprint customers have the power do more for less each month."
In addition to the exclusive Sprint offerings, customers can benefit from the following advanced features:
- Enhanced email capabilities with Good Mobile Messaging - provides secure, real-time access to email and corporate data with familiar, Outlook-like interface. Available directly from the Sprint Powerdeck allowing for convenient and easy installation*
- QWERTY keyboard for easy, accurate messaging
- Flexible push e-mail capabilities including support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Good Mobile Messaging, as well as consumer email solutions such as POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP protocols*
- Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Outlook e-mail, calendar, tasks and contacts
- Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for playback and streaming of music, video and audio
- Large, high-resolution display
- Integrated version 1.2 Bluetooth wireless technology 1.2
- 1.3 MP camera with flash and 6x digital zoom, video capture with sound and playback
- Externally accessible mini SD card slot for additional storage
- Five-way navigation button and thumb wheel for single-handed operation
Sprint is enabling the MOTO Q with flexible connectivity options including phone-as-modem functionality to allow customers to use the device with a laptop for high-speed data access via the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.*
"The MOTO Q is a great example of how Motorola is executing upon its vision of seamless mobility, providing complete and reliable mobility," said Peter Aloumanis, Vice President and Strategic Account Manager, Motorola Sales and Services. "On the Sprint Power Vision Network, the MOTO Q provides Sprint customers with high-quality voice and data in a sleek and intelligent device that is ideal for productivity and entertainment."
Certified content is available via the Sprint Software Store powered by Handmark(TM), an intelligent on-device catalog of applications and digital media, allowing users to find, download and buy games and applications simply and securely. The store can also be visited online at http://softwarestore.sprint.com.
Sprint customers can currently use several Motorola devices on the Sprint Power Vision Network including the MOTOKRZR(TM), MOTORAZR(TM) and MOTOSLVR(TM). Sprint today has the most wireless broadband coverage of any carrier through its Power Vision Network (EV-DO), which reaches well over 180 million people nationwide, covering over 219 communities with at least a 100,000 population as well as 725 airports nationwide. Additional information on the Sprint Power Vision Network, including coverage maps showing current and future coverage, Mobile Broadband service plans, and the latest access devices, can be found at http://powervision.sprint.com/mobilebroadband/.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving more than 51 million customers at the end of third quarter 2006; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation and leadership in wireless and broadband communications. Inspired by our vision of Seamless Mobility, the people of Motorola are committed to helping you get and stay connected simply and seamlessly to the people, information, and entertainment that you want and need. We do this by designing and delivering "must have" products, "must do" experiences and powerful networks -- along with a full complement of support services. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $35.3 billion in 2005. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit www.motorola.com
All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply. Wireless email functionality requires an email account with wireless server capabilities.
**The MOTO Q supports Bluetooth "headset", "hands-free" and "music" profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.hellomoto.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.
Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. Windows Mobile and Windows Media are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States. NFL is a registered trademark of the National Football League. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. (C) Motorola, Inc. 2007. All rights reserved.
Amy Schiska-Lombard, 913-794-2947
Maria Parra, 954-723-5272
SOURCE: Sprint Nextel